How to take pictures like these?

pejvak61

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It is my first thread :sillysmi:.

how can we take pictures like images below?

3747d9d979aa.jpg

1d02b79c29f0.jpg

My idea is about sun light, i mean how can i take pictures like these that sun light is in front of my camera and details at shadow are so acceptable?

I tried this by my own camera "Canon Powershot SX10 IS" but i couldn't take images like these. this camera isn't DSLR but i can change fnumber, iso and shutter speed parameters.

Is there any technical point?
Are these edited with photo editing softwares like PS and etc?

Both of these have been edited with some sort of imaging software. However, to get the shadows when the sun is behind the subject, you'd need to either use a reflector of some sort, a strobe (flash), or take multiple shots at varying exposures and put them together in post processing (this is known as an High Dynamic Range, or HDR image).

But the sun's rays aren't going to split into nice rays like that unless something is splitting them (tree branches, clouds). You would also get lens flares, although I think various filters can fix that (I don't have much experience with filters, yet).

Also to get the sun like that won't you need a polarizer or something? You can't normally shoot sun straight up and not get a flare.

take multiple shots at varying exposures and put them together in post processing (this is known as an High Dynamic Range, or HDR image).

How can we shot same pictures at nature? changing the position of branches, leafs, Clouds and such objects because of wind or sth else will cause much differences between any two pictures.

how can we improve these problems.

I dunno... I've never actually done it... :p

When I'm trying to pull of an effect like that, I usually under expose the whole image (to capture the bright) and then use photoshop to bring the rest of the image back up. The drawback is if the image is too under exposed, the dark areas will get grainy when you brighten them.

Look up HDR images and see how they are typically done. You may be right. It may be impossible with nature shots.

Honestly, the second shot is clearly photoshopped.. so much that I wouldn't even say I like it.. without it, a neat photo with the yellow ribbon.. I have been trying to read about lens flares and using the sun as a subject.. all my reading material was found on google.

cheers.

Hi everyone,

It is my first thread :sillysmi:.

how can we take pictures like images below?

3747d9d979aa.jpg

My idea is about sun light, i mean how can i take pictures like these that sun light is in front of my camera and details at shadow are so acceptable?

I tried this by my own camera "Canon Powershot SX10 IS" but i couldn't take images like these. this camera isn't DSLR but i can change fnumber, iso and shutter speed parameters.

Is there any technical point?
Are these edited with photo editing softwares like PS and etc?

For one such as above, you need to hike deep into the woods and up a mountain.;)

I dunno... I've never actually done it... :p

When I'm trying to pull of an effect like that, I usually under expose the whole image (to capture the bright) and then use photoshop to bring the rest of the image back up. The drawback is if the image is too under exposed, the dark areas will get grainy when you brighten them.

Look up HDR images and see how they are typically done. You may be right. It may be impossible with nature shots.

Its very possible to do these in HDR just need a calm day.

No tricks needed. Just time. Sit around and wait for the right light conditions. That's about all you need.

FYI, normally we dont post pics that we didnt shoot unless we have permission.

But the sun's rays aren't going to split into nice rays like that unless something is splitting them (tree branches, clouds). You would also get lens flares, although I think various filters can fix that (I don't have much experience with filters, yet).

You can get those stars with either your aperture closed down (higher #) or with a cross/star filter. Filters will usually add more flares than anything.

Have you tried metering from the foreground? If you just point your camera to the sky, it will read that there's too much light and the foreground will be dark.\

Try pointing your camera to the things in the foreground first, lock exposure and recompose the picture. See if that works.

Have you tried metering from the foreground? If you just point your camera to the sky, it will read that there's too much light and the foreground will be dark.\

Try pointing your camera to the things in the foreground first, lock exposure and recompose the picture. See if that works.

see the below webpage,
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...i-have-4-pictures-1-view-can-anyone-edit.html

That is my own thread about metering and HDR. what is your idea bout that?

Most reactions

Back