How to take specific photo.

jomelb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there, Im a bit of a noobie when it comes to taking photos with a bit of flair in them. I came across this one in insta and I want to take the same one with the effects of the background and all. What are the steps i need to take in order to acheive something like this.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 166
Welcome.
If you do not have specific permission to post (publish) the photo, please provide a link instead.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I´m sure one of the admins will mention that it is against the forum rules to post images that are not your own. You can however easily link to them.
This image is a combination of flash and long exposure. The long exposure (handheld) creates the light trails in the background, the woman seems to have walked into the frame and the flash exposed her (froze her motion) leaving a bit of the yellow hoodie as a light trail to her left.
Does that help?

Drag the shutter. That is to say flash exposures are made with the aperture controlling the flash exposure and the shutter speed for the ambient exposure. You can then set a long shutter speed but use flash to freeze and expose the person (just make sure there's enough EVs between the two or you will get bleed). Add in a bit of camera shake and job done!

Most reactions

Back