How to take this photo? Suspended straps?

Looks eerilly similar to the photo on this page...

Nike Backpacks | Academy

By the way...my backpack straps also stay like that unless you push them down and lean them against something or lay it down. They are just naturally semi rigid.

If you need to, you can use strings, wires, etc. by just painting them bright neon green and using chroma key techniques to remove what you don't want.

It looks similar, or identical because I got it from that page... I was trying to show an example of what kind of photo I wanted to take.

IMG_6484.JPG

This is the backpack I am trying to photograph but as you can see the shoulder straps just hang down

It looks similar, or identical because I got it from that page... I was trying to show an example of what kind of photo I wanted to take.
Really? So you just take other photographers work when the mood strikes you? I've removed two images that you've "got" without apparently bothering to ask for rights/permission. If you want to post a link to the image/page, that's fine, but embedding images is a direct violation of TPF TOS.

Here's a favorite one of my photos that I took myself...

stolen photo.jpg

Sorry im new to this forum and i thought i was uploading the link because i put the url of the pic when adding it. I guess i need to put a physical link. Didnt realize that. And i never claimed any pics to be mine because they arent. Was just trying to show examples of what i was looking for. I give full credit to the photos that are not mine. If you wanted to look them up im sure u can by right clicking and properties and the url of the image is there.

Also i have about a hundred different types of backpacks i need to photograph. I don't think adding an internal wire for all the styles is an efficient way. I'm sure there is a very effective way that professional product photographers use to take backpack photos. I am new to photography/product photography. What is the secret to the suspended straps? When i google a lot of backpacks are photographed in that way. How do they do it?

They use any one of the methods described here. I personally didn't think you were stealing any photos, just thought you might not have noticed the moderator removed the first image and mentioned the rules pertaining to this forum so I called attention to it for you.
:)

Backpack straps? Starch. Lots of starch.

Can somebody tell me a step by step guide on how to do this? maybe the materials i need, the set up, HOW DO I DO THIS? Still so lost... a lot of information but nothing in detail for me to understand fully.

I looked on Google, there are no specific, I mean, ANY articles on this particular type of photography that's why I made an account here just to ask this question to Photographers.

I looked on Google, there are no specific, I mean, ANY articles on this particular type of photography that's why I made an account here just to ask this question to Photographers.

Guess I'm a little confused as to which part of the process your getting hung up on.

You can use something like fishing line to pull the straps into position and photograph. Or you can hang them on a colored plastic clothes hanger and use photoshop to edit the hanger out of the photograph by selecting by color.

You could use a metal clothes hanger, cut and bend it to the desired shape, then attach it to the back side of the straps to give them the shape/form you want, then photograph.

Or you could realize that most people don't give two hoots about what the straps look like other than how wide and padded they are, what they are mostly interested in when buying a backpack is the interior - and concentrate your efforts there.

Most reactions

Back