How to view RAW files on OS X 10.3.9?

Lazy O

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my first DSLR (Nikon D90) on friday :D I've been messing around with it, but haven't had the time to read the manual to learn as much about it as I can, because i've been working this whole weekend. :er:

But, tonight I finally installed the software to transfer the files from the camera to my laptop, and that worked fine, but I can't install the software to edit/view the images. I guess the Mac OS need to be 10.4 and up, i''m still on 10.3.9 :( lol

Is there any other (preferably free) software that I can use? I also tried opening the images in PhotoShop CS, but it also didn't work. :(

Thanks.

Well my MacBook has "Preview" and I can view RAW files. They look a tad blurry but I can view them. iPhoto08 does it too.

I cant be too much help...I have 10.5 though. I know a bunch work on Macs here so someone should be able to chime in.

You could dload a trial of Lightroom as a temp fix though.

Another free trial you can get ahold of is aperture - 1 free month...?

Get aperture trial.
accidentally stumble upon serial.
Free.

Get aperture trial.
accidentally stumble upon serial.
Free.
So your advice is for him to pirate some software?

If I owned this board I would not allow people to condone piracy. As a photographer, how would you feel if someone stole your image and used it on a billboard without paying you or even giving you credit?

Let's not mention that there might be some legal liability for the owners of this site if they allow such posts to go unedited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back