Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Forum polls are fun and sometimes informative, right? Right! IF they are set up correctly!

(sorry, this is my stupid pet peeve of the day, stemmed from things I see often on another forum, not this one)...

...anyway...it annoys the CRAP out of me when someone posts a poll asking an opinion, or if you've ever done something, and the poll is totally skewed or biased, or just doesn't give enough choices.

Examples of bad polls:

What color are your eyes?

1) Blue
2) Brown

...WHAT ABOUT GREEN? HAZEL? GOOFY MIXED COLORS LIKE MY EYES?

Do you think Chase is a good Admin?

1) Yes
2) Of course
3) Definitely

...WHAT ABOUT 'NO WAY IN HELL!?" (I'm kidding Chase! Please don't ban me!)

Example of a GOOD poll:

Was Corry's poll rant helpful or poigniant (I have no idea how to spell that, and I'm too lazy to look) in any way?

1) Yes, I found it very informative, and will know in the future to make unbiased, well thought out polls.

2) Yes, I already follow those guidelines when I make polls

3) No, I think it's untrue, and Corry's a ho

4) No, it didn't make sense

5) Other, please explain.

And that's all for Corry's daily 'pet peeve about stupid and frivolous things'.

:mrgreen:

This was a total gip, I thought you were gonna teach us HOW TO CREATE A POLL, not just how to make it better. I feel so betrayed right now. Please excuse me, I have to go lay down.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Awwww...well there, I changed the thread title a bit to more clearly explain my frivolous rant. :p

Step 1) Click on the "New Thread" button

Step 2) Choose a subject

Step 3) Write the body of your post

Step 4) Choose a 'post icon' if you wish to include one

Step 5) Scroll down to 'additional options'. Where it says "post a poll", tick the 'yes' box, and enter how many options you wish to include.

Step 6) Click the 'Submit new thread' button at the bottom.

Step 7) Fill out your poll question and options (see original post in this thread for tips on this part of it), along with how long you wish for your poll to be open.

Step 8 ) Submit!

awright, Kelox, now that you've been edumacated and all that....

let's see a POLL! :thumbup: You know you want to know weird stuff, dontcha?

(and make it good, or the Poll Policewoman will come after ya!) :lol:

Another one that is poll related that I see a lot on another forum is when the thread title is opposite from then poll question.

thread title: Did Core's Rant thread suck?
poll question: Was Core's rant thread the best thing ever?

1. yes
2. no

Dweller said:
Another one that is poll related that I see a lot on another forum is when the thread title is opposite from then poll question.

thread title: Did Core's Rant thread suck?
poll question: Was Core's rant thread the best thing ever?

1. yes
2. no

I HAVE seen that!!!!!

Ok, I'm adding another forum vent...again, not something that is prevalent on THIS board (I :lovey: TPF)....

....anytime you recieve a forward in your email, that claims someone is going to murder me in the parking lot, or that Neiman Marcus is gonna charge me $250 for a recipe, or that Jaleel White commited suicide....LOOK ON SNOPES BEFORE EMAILING IT TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK AND POSTIGN IT ON EVERY FORUM YOU BELONG TOO!!!!

I've run across THREE of these in the past 15 minutes, on ONE FORUM. :er:

How annoying. Ok...I'm better. Sorry.

Most reactions

Back