How was your weekend...

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mine was pretty tame.

Worst part was the money that I couldn't afford to lose playing poker yesterday evening.

What's worse is that I was playing against people who aren't that good, I just got fished out of hands by morons. Rockets got cracked, and AK got cracked. Stupid poker. Shouldn't play unless you can afford to lose. Damnit.

So anyway, how you lot doin?

It was good....but as always not long enough. On Saturday I had class, then all of us had haircuts and after that we had a photoshoot. Right after that we left for an air show that was about an hour away. We only made it for the last hour, but it was nice. We met up with Scott (from TPF) which was fun, but the boys were tired, and I had a hard time walking from pregnancy pain. After that was over we met up with my Mom for dinner and then took the boys home for their time with their Father. On Sunday we had another photoshoot in the morning, did some grocery shopping, watched some football (I napped through some of it :D ) and then did some cleaning. We also assembled our first wedding album which turned out great! I'm looking forward to doing more, it's really nice to see your own photographs matted and bound :)

It's a short work week for me, I've got Friday off since our wedding is on Saturday. :cheer:

I had a great weekend. Saturday was our combined Stag/Stagette party out on the farm. Lots of friends & family and plenty of inebriation. I think I stayed up until 4:00 or 5:00 am partying. Then on Sunday, we got up early(ish) for breakfast...I had to get back to the city...there was a Photo fair going on ;)

I made it to the photo fair and bought a Tamron 2X teleconverter for $40. The tag said that it did not auto focus...so I quietly tried it out on one of his cameras...it works just fine. I'm guessing that he tried it on a slow lens...and with the two stops of light loss...the camera could not AF. Sure enough, my 100-300 lens will not AF, but for 2X the magnification...that's OK with me. It does work with my faster lenses though.

After the photo fair, we headed over to my Sister's for my niece's first birthday. Took plenty of photos...the ones of her with her first piece of birthday cake are priceless.

I spent the weekend working a total of 18 hours, and moving at the same time. We spent our first night in the new apartment last night...I didn't think I would sleep because I can never sleep in a new place until I'm used to it. I didn't take into account how tired I was (and still am). I was out like a light. We have almost everything moved. My computer and computer desk are still at the old place (cable will be transfered today), and some stuff in one of the closets is left, and a few things in the kitchen, as well as most of the contents of the fridge still need to be moved. Fun fun. Then I get to clean the place, as well as start getting the new place cleaned and organized. I can't WAIT til this is all done.

I must be the only one who thinks moving is fun. :blushing: But then I like organizing and putting stuff up, feeling the rush of the new vibe. Tired muscles aside, I think it's fun.

I thought I'd pack for vacation all weekend, but I only thought about it. We went over all our cameras and tried to narrow it down. Brad's only taking his 2 Rolleis and will be playing more with that Maco IR film. I am taking both Pentax bodies (one for slide, one for HIE), all lenses, the Holga, and the Super Isolette. :sniffle: The Contaflex, the Mamiya, the SX-70, etc., must stay behind and gather dust.

We had neighbors over Saturday night and sat out on the patio drinking wine till the wee hours. It was great, a beautiful warm night. :thumbup:

Yesterday I hand colored an 11x14 B&W, watched the Falcons AND the Braves win, and went to bed early. :mrgreen:

I enjoyed moving for a few reasons. New place was nice. And I didn't have much stuff. When I have tons of crap to move I won't like it as much.

Mine was good, went by to fast as usual. I spent to much money at yard sales on Saturday, but at least I got Corel Painter 8 out of it. Ive had more time to play with it and have played with almost all the different brush types. I wonder if my library would have a how to book for that program. i sort of doubt it though, small town.

Mine was good... I pretty much just hung out with friends the whole time... which isn't usually the case so it was a lot of fun. :D

A quick visit to Dallas, TX. I like the place. Lots of space. :)

Worked on Saturday and had Sunday off.

Went out for brunch sunday morning with Ian and the boys and my sister and her family at a nice little restaurent in an old train station. Then Ian went to watch football and we went out to my sister's to torment ... I mean see the new puppy!

And then it was back to work today so ....

Weekends just don't last long enough :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back