How would I fix these?

- cropped
- lightened the skin tones
- saturated the background

Sophie09a.jpg

Obviously this is all just a quick fix, her pose in the 2nd shot is a bit awkward and doesn't make her look like that she feels comfortable.

the second pose was her doing, she was playing around on a balance beam.

aliciaqw,
No this wasn't a joke, I've never worked with any editing software and I've had this camera less than 2 weeks. I'm fairly new to digital photography that is why I posted in a forum for beginners. I'm sorry if my lack of expertise bothers you, that is why I asked help from those who have been photographing a bit longer than myself.

thank you to those who have helped me. I'll definitely get more practice in with both my camera and with editing software.

the second pose was her doing, she was playing around on a balance beam.

aliciaqw, No this wasn't a joke, I've never worked with any editing software and I've had this camera less than 2 weeks. I'm fairly new to digital photography that is why I posted in a forum for beginners. I'm sorry if my lack of expertise bothers you, that is why I asked help from those who have been photographing a bit longer than myself.

thank you to those who have helped me. I'll definitely get more practice in with both my camera and with editing software.

I am also a beginner, and your photos don't bother me. I was just baffled at some of the earlier editing advice you received. She looked like a cartoon character with the help of some of the other posters. Your photos aren't a joke, but I wasn't sure if some of the edits of them were. Creisinger is on the right track. You want to enhance the photo, not completely butcher it in PP. JMO.

here is my go i know i am newbie but hey well i hope you like it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here is the first one.... I didn't desaturate the second layer and put the opacity of it at 75%

Sophie05.jpg

And the second one I did just as I previously said....

Sophie09.jpg

I pretty much just brightened them up and gave a soft glow effect... hope you like!
um, you made them worse. :er: the cheesy glow effect doesn't enhance anything and in fact, both are blown so badly. Contrast is abused in both photos. How can you not see what you just did, look @#1, you can see the levels breaking under the contrast pressure. You made the hot spots stand out even more!
#2 , her shirt is so overbearingly hot pink that it hurts! A little can go a long way, you know.
My initial critique on the original for #2 was that the sky was blown, well! You did a great job of blowing it tenfold! -_-

No Problem, I could photoshop all day long, lol, in fact I have! If you need any help with the program I'd be glad to all though I have found the best place to learn photoshop is google, I started about 5 years ago and that's how I learned, you can find some great tutorials for just about everything. GL
whatever you think you learned, relearn it please. take a lesson on contrast and learn the (photographic!) term: blown.:meh:

creisinger's edit of #1 is strong, as well as sw1tchFX' to #2.
creisinger's edit to #2 made the greens greener, but it's hard to raise brightness without doing so.

*unexperienced or not, I just don't see how extreme saturation/contrast is appealing. it puzzles me.:confused:

By all means, I wouldn't be hanging those at 24x36 in. on the wall either.

For a wallet print, I don't see a problem with the very strong colors.

I tried to fix the skin tone a bit and the rest was "collateral damage". I can't spend too much time on fixing those pics and start separating the image into multiple layers...

Most reactions

Back