How would you de-frizz this girl's hair?

I need to look into that oil and cream stuff to prevent issues like this.

Quick mask, patch/healbrush, then liquify hair bumps... Went ahead dodged/burned and hue/saturation some spots...Sharpened and vibrance on eyes.. then clone stamped and painted eyebrows. Just learned how to set up actions and wow they are a crazy time saver!!

Next time for fun, try the Select and Mask, Refine edge tool set to either a larger radius or the smart radius. It will give you a more natural edge, without being so sharp. I'm still learning how to use it, but so far it works great

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A different background could have made the frizz less noticeable. Not be much can be done about the super humid/wet weather conditions lately but yeah, there are hair products to help with that.

I'm not sure why this is almost a square image. Not having her so low in the frame and not so close up might have helped; she has long hair and we're seeing it chopped off (which is unflattering) because it's framed so tight the bottom edge of the image is barely below a fairly high neckline. Think about the vantage point and the framing and adjust before hitting the shutter button. This could be a reshoot... but since that's not always an option, think about the framing and the vantage point. It isn't practical to count on being able to have a do-over.

This captured a wonderful smile and personality and overall would be better had the framing and vantage point been adjusted during the shoot.

Last edited:
This being a professional situation it seems inappropriate to refer to a female client as a girl or a chick. That could be appropriate with friends, joking around, or in a casual setting. But you don't necessarily know a client well enough to be that informal. Being businesslike or professional in words and demeanor is a way to be taken by others as a pro (because your behavior would indicate you are professional).

And now because of this thread I can't stop seeing the use of Girls in ads for women. The latest from Aeropostale where they use Girls and Guys, and for the most part they tend to leave a fair number of hairs flying around on their models.

A different background could have made the frizz less noticeable. Not be much can be done about the super humid/wet weather conditions lately but yeah, there are hair products to help with that.

I'm not sure why this is almost a square image. Not having her so low in the frame and not so close up might have helped; she has long hair and we're seeing it chopped off (which is unflattering) because it's framed so tight the bottom edge of the image is barely below a fairly high neckline. Think about the vantage point and the framing and adjust before hitting the shutter button. This could be a reshoot... but since that's not always an option, think about the framing and the vantage point. It isn't practical to count on being able to have a do-over.

This captured a wonderful smile and personality and overall would be better had the framing and vantage point been adjusted during the shoot.

That's not how the image was cropped. I just cropped it this way to highlight the frizz for this post.

This being a professional situation it seems inappropriate to refer to a female client as a girl or a chick. That could be appropriate with friends, joking around, or in a casual setting. But you don't necessarily know a client well enough to be that informal. Being businesslike or professional in words and demeanor is a way to be taken by others as a pro (because your behavior would indicate you are professional).

She actually is my friend. But point taken.

Most reactions

Back