How would you edit this?

KasparP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just started photography and took this picture in Chicago today:

4220639703_c139ec33eb.jpg

How would you edit this photo? I'm going to start editing my photos but I'm just looking at how good other people could do it, pretty much looking at the potentiol.

Here was my try:

4221023259_bee01bd649.jpg

Heres a few more I took that I feel could be okay photos with editing:

4220639797_faa61de0fa.jpg

skw7dc.jpg

2cqffis.jpg

35m1xfd.jpg

2a6w8q8.jpg

Thank you in advance! Photography is really becoming a hobby of mine. Thanks guys!

Just some quick stuff:
I straightened it using the vertical line at the left of the image and left the canvas so you could see how much your camera was tilted to the right. The image has a bit of motion blur from camera shake, probably when you tripped the shutter. I dodged the bough's and horns a bit and ran it through a Topaz preset to boost the contrast in the midtones. I didn't play with white balance so it still looks orangy from the tungsten lighting.

35m1xfd.jpg

Wow cool, any more?

Anyone have any good tutorials? I know theres a bunch out there, but only other photographers can tell me which ones are actually good.

Nice pics guy. Here's an idea for this one. :) I gave it a coppery tone to it. A little vignette as well.
2co3imr.jpg

-

fun.jpg
Just my take -shrug-
Thats actually pretty cool. Only thing I can say is that you forgot the lower half of the wheel and the rest of the bike. It'd be cool if the background wasnt full black and white, maybe some vignette? How did you edit the actual box?
Wow, thats awesome. How did you do that! If you couldnt mind showing me what you could do with the other photos. Really, this is what my goal is - to be able to look at a photo and realize how to edit it like this.

Thank you!

Also thank you for the nice comments!

Wow, thats awesome. How did you do that! If you couldnt mind showing me what you could do with the other photos. Really, this is what my goal is - to be able to look at a photo and realize how to edit it like this.

Thank you!

Also thank you for the nice comments!

Thank you!

I have used pretty much all the major editing programs (Aperture, Lightroom, Photoshop CS3, Photoshop Elements). For this picture I edited it with Lightroom. I personally LOVE lightroom. It enables me to edit photos very quickly, and to do affects that would take a lot longer in photoshop.

fun.jpg
Just my take -shrug-
Thats actually pretty cool. Only thing I can say is that you forgot the lower half of the wheel and the rest of the bike. It'd be cool if the background wasnt full black and white, maybe some vignette? How did you edit the actual box?

Oops, I did forget the lower. This is why I do not edit photos late at night! I miss things. What do you mean about - "How did you edit the actual box?" and if you mean the cart, there was nothing done to it, except bringing the color back from black and white. Its the original color from your photograph. IF this isn't what you mean, just let me know :D

dscience edit FTW.

selective color...notsomuch. sry.

Most reactions

Back