How would you go about Achieving this Look and feel?

MarkieBlitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hiya Markie, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

We have come to the conclusion that it is best NEVER to post photos into ANY of our galleries that are NOT our own. Therefore I had to change the photos taken by Caesar Sebastian back into links only. So no one can (wrongly) think they are yours. OK?

Hiya Markie, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

We have come to the conclusion that it is best NEVER to post photos into ANY of our galleries that are NOT our own. Therefore I had to change the photos taken by Caesar Sebastian back into links only. So no one can (wrongly) think they are yours. OK?

That allright.

what is the look you are going for?
no composition, badly lit and color balance off?

If thats what you'd like to say about it. Sure.
I find it quite unique. It seems you know how t go about Achieving "No Composition, Badly lit and color balance off" in these photos

Care to share?

Imnot sure of the look your going for either. To me just looks like he is using a higher powered flash mounted in his hotshoe.Most likely the flash is at a wide setting 14 or 24mm. If your talking about the colors its just a white balance issue. looks to be in the cooler range probably something around 3000-4000K. Are you looking to take shots like this in a club? If so just head to the club make sure to have an external flash and shoot in RAW. These photos do not seems to have much post processing done to them.

Doesn't look like a rear sync was used but you may try that as well to capture some of the ambient light in the club.

Grab your camera, get some tickets and go to a raaaave mate, take some pics then dance your little ass off! Dont get drunk though... i left my camera on a sofa at a house party when i was hammered, luckily my friends are uber and one noticed it and picked it up, ive never had a more sobering moment when i realised it wasnt round my neck.

If thats what you'd like to say about it. Sure.
I find it quite unique. It seems you know how t go about Achieving "No Composition, Badly lit and color balance off" in these photos

Care to share?

Sorry, I don't drink any more.

It looks to me as though he is bouncing his flash off the ceiling. And the cool look is the white-balance.
Why not try coming up with your own look? I particularly like using a rear-curtain-sync when shooting in clubs. It can create a cool look by adding a lot of motion, then freezing the subject. To me, this guys images do not really convey the frenzy of sweaty bodies moving in unison to the throb of the beat.

I use nik color effects pro 2 and can easily get similar effects, but id does look like a reflected flash and just white balance adjustments post process

Most reactions

Back