How Would you shoot images of swords?

Kerplunq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

Just as the tittle states, How would you take a pic of swords? But make it interesting?

Back about 10 years ago (after highschool), I use to collect fantasy swords and display then in my apt. Well, 10 years have past and there all wrapped up in a grey cloth moving blanket, hidden in my closet lol.

now that the wife is done with schooling and training, we may be moving and she doesn't want them around :( but whatever I get for them goes towards new glass :D

I'm trying to find a fun and creative way to take a few pics of these.

1. Is to have some fun and keepsakes for my own.
2. Is to have some killer shots to sell these.

Thanks in advanced for help me out everyone :D

Just be creative.

If we give you ideas then it won't be your style. I don't think that's a good thing.

Have then wielded by a buxom bikini model dressed up, warrior princess style. :D

Have then wielded by a buxom bikini model dressed up, warrior princess style. :D

good idea lol

I'll second that!

As for going with my own style. Everything I have tried just looks so damn boring! Was just trying to get some idea's that would get my creativity kick started lol.

If the Bikini model idea is out...I'm envisioning a 'set' with a backdrop of red (or some deep color) silk or velvet draped over something that gives it lots of form & texture....and of course the sword placed prominently.

As with all photography, the key will be good lighting.

You need to find a castle, then place them on a solid oak table that has a red velvet tablecloth. Set up a big piece of white cardboard or a reflector or something like that so that it you can see it in the reflections off the swords. Then light the cardboard, not the swords.

Or bikini babe, yeah. If bikini babe, please post pics.

I'd throw them up in the air as high as I could during a tornado, then quickly lie on the ground and start shooting. Not only will you capture the swords in mid flight but you'll have a tornado for a backdrop, how cool would that be!

Oh, last but not least... after the the last shot, quickly get up and run before they fall on you or the tornado gets too close because that would suck.

I dunno, either that or some red or black paper behind them for a backdrop with decent lighting.

Most reactions

Back