how would you shoot this

lc1102002

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have my first legit corporate photo job. its for product shots of very small electronic/medical parts. i plan on using white balanced LED lights and basic backdrops. white, black, blue.
I have 2 questions.
1- several of the items have small red or blue lights power lights that the client wants illuminated. what settings would you guys recommend to get a nice glow while maintaining very sharp images.
2- the client would like several of the items shot against realistic backdrops or settings. these backgrounds need to be vague, out of focus to just suggest a hospital or high tech background. i can always isolate the product and use stock images but was wondering if anyone has any creative ideas that i can produce something right out of the cam.
thx!

I'm lazy and cheap so would use Photoshop. For the lights you can adjust exposure time so the lights show up. I'd probably gather some chrome kitchen utensils and perhaps some plastic gloves for the out of focus background.

It's virtually impossible to provide "setting" information without knowing virtually every detail of the product, set, etc. As far as the power lights go, one method would be using HDR; one exposure for the item, a second for the lights, alternatively, as mentioned, they can be amplified in post, or flag the area with the power light so that it is slightly underexposed. Since you're shooting with continuous lights, this may be very difficult to achieve other than in the pixel room; strobed lights would make this MUCH easier

As far as the background, if you can find stock images with the right lighting, that would be the easiest. If you can't, does the client have suitable premises to offer the right background? If none of the above, find a location, shoot the stock images and bill the client whatever you're charged..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back