How would you spend $1,000??

Linhof Techinka 70 of the bay with 65mm f/8 Super Angulon, 105mm f/3.5 Tessar, 120 back and a 220 back. I think this would keep me entertained for a while.

That's me though. If I were you I'd spend as little on a body as possible. Maybe a D40 and a 35mm f/1.8 G with a couple dollars left over for a flash.

Last edited:
I'd get a hooker. If there was anyhting left I would buy lottery tickets.

Well, I was gonna say whiskey and wh***s, but yeah, we'll go with lottery tickets---no hangover with lottery tickets.

I wouldnt go with any of those. Olympus cameras have small sensors (2x crop factor)
I konw nothing about pentax...

And the D5000 is small, overpriced, and lacks an AF motor. Get a D80 or D90 instead, or even better, Best Buy has D200s on sale for 600 something dollars....cheaper than the Nikon D5000!

If I had the money, the 18-200 is a nice lens.....but its 700 dollars, just get a decent lens, any lens will take pictures, and all of them will be reasonably sharp, and they ALL focus faster than I can manually.

You might want some accesories to go with it, some filters and a tripod? bla bla bla the list can go on.

Get a D90 or a Canon 500D.

If video is what you're looking for only Canon seems to be doing a decent job of it right now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back