How?

I posted that link to show that I don't think cross processing would get you what you wanted. Negs developed as slides have low contrast but very vivid and strange colors. The slides developed as negs look to have less strange colors, but are strong because they are very, very contrasty. You might want to still try it out, but I don't think it will give you the kind of print you posted.

He won't even tell you what kind of film he used (if it is film...)? Jeesh. I wouldn't be surprised if he scanned it and the look is a result of the scanning process. I have to admit that it's a look I usually associate with snapshots.

OK, this is what the guy who took the pic just told me:

"i adjusted the levels and the selective color. that way all the whites in the pic weren't bright white"

What does that mean?

It sounds to me like he claims to have processed the image on a computer. I do not know why but then it is not my creation. What I would do if I were you when trying to duplicate this look is to take any similar pic, scan it and try your hand with computer editing software. I do not see a film camera repeatedly and dependably duplicating this look without software.

Most reactions

Back