Howdy, gang

kn4ds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't really get into the whole "hey, here I am, how great am I?" thing... but, of course, that's not entirely true, or I wouldn't be participating on a board where folks (including me) post images and say "whatcha think?"

I'm Dave... and my username here is my amateur radio callsign.

I've been dabbling in this photography thing since about 1986... with my Minolta X-370 film camera for years, including various darkroom setups... have I mentioned what a pain C-41 is to process at home for an amateur? Or how hard color prints are to get right, even when dodging/burning under the enlarger?

I always found B&W easier for the home darkroom, with E-6 not far behind with some of the chemistry kits available back then...

Over the years, my interest faded, largely due to the dollars required to continue... as well as a change in interest to amateur radio.

I hadn't actually shot anything other than digital photos with an Olympus point-and-shoot since about 1994... until a close friend asked if I could shoot his wedding a couple of years ago. I dusted off all the film gear and shot 10 or 12 rolls of print film for his wedding, with very nice results.

This Christmas, Santa brought a Canon Rebel XS dSLR, and that re-ignited my interest in photography. And I combined that with amateur radio, spending some of the weekend sending my new images via slow scan TV on ham radio.

So here I am, re-remembering all the tech details, but above all that, looking again at the world as potential images.

That said... howdy folks.

KE7EET here, greetings to you and welcome aboard this Forum.

Enjoy and 73.

Cool your from Perry Georgia? I'm from Snellville. I've been to Perry before for a motorcycle race. I'm new to the forum too, but welcome nonetheless! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back