Howdy

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by ksmattfish, Aug 25, 2003.

1. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've been obsessed with photography for the last eight years or so. I started out with one of Kodak's first digital cameras (DC-25, I think). It cost $2500 then, and today you can get a better digital cam for $25.
    Somehow I've gotten all turned around because now I'm facinated with old film cameras. Some of my favorites are the Norita 66, the Widelux, and Speed Graphic. Recently I have mostly been shooting with a Zeiss Ikonta C and an Ansco Titan. Last weekend I stumbled upon a Rolleiflex 3.5E twin lens reflex camera at a garage sale, and I have a new love!
    I shoot mostly BW, and I am fortunate enough to have the space for my own darkroom. I think that discussing photography and looking at other folks work is one of the best ways to improve photography skills.

Wave, KSmattfish

2. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome! You story mimics my own. But I spent $500 on a 2 megapixel camera. Then I fell in love with film again. I shoot almost exclusively with my minolta x7a but have a yashicamat on loan from my father. I also have a 1936 Rolleiflex TLR that needs a ground glass and a good cleaning. Unfortunately the lens isn't coated so i'm not sure how much i will shoot with it.

3. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

Welcome mattfish!
    we're not all bonkers here, only some

4. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome!