How's My Lighting? C&C Please!

DavidSR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
I know he's not dressed for this picture, but I was just testing the lighting. All I had was an on camera flash that I bounced off the wall on my left.

Also, can you please let me know if you see some noise in this image?

Thank you!

p207157769-4.jpg

I'm no expert, nor even really good, but I try to give criticism as a way to help improve my own eye, but I think the lighting looks great. You managed to maintain good colors for both the boy and the reds and greens of the tree without loosing contrast. And I don't see any noise, but then again, I don't have the most attuned eye. I guess it depends on what you want to use the picture for.

Thanks for the comment! :). Now that I look at it I should have covered the base of the tree with a few more presents so the base doesn't look so fake.

Oh and the noise I see is in his hair, but that could just be me.

I think the lighting looks really good as well. I also see no noise.

Thanks for the comment! I guess I might be the only one that sees the noise lol.. I don't like editing on my laptops screen because it makes me see noise where there isn't any.

Last edited:
Open the picture in Photoshop (or any other software) and zoom in to 100%. You should be able to see any noise fairly easily if there is some.

I think it's just the monitor that I'm using that makes it look as though there is noise.

Thanks though!

Great shot. Lighting looks ok to me and no noise here either.

Great, using the same setup, you could get wonderful shots X-Mas morning.

El2 said:
Great shot. Lighting looks ok to me and no noise here either.

Thanks!!

AlexColeman said:
Great, using the same setup, you could get wonderful shots X-Mas morning.

Thanks!! I was thinking the same thing!!! But unfortunately we are spending Christmas at a different house and the walls are positioned differently :(..The best I could do to bounce is relocate the tree and use a huge mirror that is in the dining room, but I noticed that when I use that mirror the pictures come out a little hot :(.

Most reactions

Back