How's this for a foot bridge?

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by bill04, Jun 19, 2008.

1. bill04

bill04 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Barcelona, Spain... bridge access to the port (Maremagnum shopping mall). I The hinges on the bridge flexed with each footstep that everyone seemed to take at the same time, in synchronization.

[​IMG]

2. ernie

ernie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1. shot is kinda crooked (leans to the right)
    2. background and main pillars of the bridge lack contrast, it's too white
    3. too many people in the shot to make it interesting (what's with the guy in front's teeth?)

Not trying to be rude, just giving my opinion. Might wanna try your luck later during the day (less people and better light).

3. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the expressions. What's that with the tongue? My friend's Dad used to do that when he worked on something, like his car. We figured it made him work harder.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do like that man's expression, the tongue-between-lips look, he seems to be thinking strongly of something (or he only just realised there's still some jam from his breakfast in the corner of his mouth? ;)).

I like the masses of people, and they are well exposed. Black and white and all greys are there where there are the people.

In the light you had, though, Ernie's observation about the pillars and the background is not totally wrong, they are surprisingly "milky" against the people, but maybe that is exactly what you wanted?

5. optic79

optic79 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the mass of people gives the picture depth, and I like that. Unfortunately the pillars do kind of blend in with the sky, this shot would have really amazing depth if they were more contrasted. I agree that the picture leans to the right slightly, but I did not notice it until it was pointed out.

6. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    IMO the vastness of the crowd isn't conveyed as well as it could be. But in those sorts of environments you take what you can get. Considering you're using no props, no lighting, etc., I'd say the photo is great. But if you ever get the chance to go back, try getting the shot from a bit higher perspective, so the mass of people walking along can be seen better. Right now, each one is kind of hidden behind the one in front of him/her.

Muy Bueno, Senor Guillermo (Did I say that right?)

7. bill04

bill04 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If I get to Spain within the next 10 years I'll be sure to get this shot again. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Darker columns, any improvement?

8. optic79

optic79 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think now that you have added more contrast to the columns the photo is definitely improved! I would not stop there though, I would add more contrast to the buildings in the background as well, and while your at it maybe lighten the sky a bit. Hope you don't mind my suggestions. I do enjoy this photo, especially because you chose to take it in black and white. The photo makes me wonder if these people are marching to get to a shared destination?