Hows this for focus?

batonrougeart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.coreynichols.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just playing around with some settings on my camera and reading over the manual. I was testing different shutter speeds and what not trying to get a crisp macro shot. This is as clear as I could get, I just want to hear some suggestions.....untill my copy of brian petersons understanding exposure gets here.:D

What should I do?

gun.jpg

i'm guesing the link got fixed!

the bullet looks to be sharp, and i don't know how new you are, so don't be offended if you already know this ;) But, the closer you get to something with the same given aperture the distance of acceptable focus is lessened, if you open your aperature more the same happens. if you wanted everything in focus then you would need one of the following, or a combination:

1. more light, so you can close your aperature more to get the shot with everything in focus

2.a tripod, close the aperture down, and the tripod will compensate for the shooters shakiness (camera shooter ;) ) and make everything overall more sharp. or in focus rather.

3.higher iso setting and a smaller aperture (make it a higher number) so you can keep your shutter speed fast enough to not show motion.

if i slipped up on what i said in there i'm sure someone will correct, but i re-read and think i said it all right. good luck!

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am new. I have only been shooting (the camera) For a few months. Im am going to do some more test shots with your advice and see what I get.

thanks

Good photo, but the marble surface that the bullets are on is extremely distracting. Try shooting on a white surface, like the inside of a cooler.

In case you don't know what a cooler is:

IMGP8360.jpg

3.higher iso setting and a smaller aperture (make it a higher number) so you can keep your shutter speed fast enough to not show motion.

quote]

What was your iso?

Also run it through PS with a little Despeckle

"in case you dont know what a cooler is"??? lol

Good photo, but the marble surface that the bullets are on is extremely distracting. Try shooting on a white surface, like the inside of a cooler.

In case you don't know what a cooler is:

IMGP8360.jpg

Why on earth are there mobile phones in the glass??

Seems dark to me. But just could be my monitor

Looks sharp to me.... I like the photo. I think its pretty good.

On a side not how do you like that Taurus Millennium (Pro?)? I had one and couldn't get used to the trigger so I sold it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back