Hows this for P&S?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these with my Kodak Easyshare Z885.

101_3117_00.jpg

My shot at a macro. I know composition could be better, but I still like it.

101_3248_00.jpg

Same as above.

101_3437.jpg

Self explanitory.

101_3523.jpg

I like everything with this one. Composition, lighitng, subject, etc.

101_3732.jpg

I like the look of the rippling water.

101e3619.jpg

The lighting may be a little harsh, but I still like it.

101e3725.jpg

Again, could use a horizontal shift, but no resources to do that.

101e3745.jpg

I like te shadows/highlights/contrast (depending on how you look at it.) of this one.

J.jpg

L.jpg

O.jpg

P.jpg

Q.jpg

R.jpg

S.jpg

T.jpg

U.jpg

blurry, i know.
W.jpg

he jusy would NOT stay still!
a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

n.jpg

accidental.
I didnt feel like writing something under all of these so if you have any questions, just let me know. :lol:

Mark

Last edited:
Make sure to level the horizon on your landscape shots.

ok, first thing, too many pics! choose your faves and only show those. also number your pics for easy referencing.

not bad for a p and s, I am always surprised with my hubby's nikon coolpix-so basic, but has capabilities for nice shots in good lighting.

A couple of the pictures are out of focus, especially the last one.

Try not to have the subject in the center of each pic, the pictures where the supject is to one corner (google rule of thirds) are much better

I particularly like the sleepy duck.

Nice selection of pictures.

oh and look into downloading Gimp its a free editing software, noy used it my self but i think you can straighten in it.

Your camera seems to be over exposing alot of your shots. Or are you shooting in Manual mood in which case its you lol. alot of these will look better if you had reduced the exposure a little bit and retained some of the details.

What's already been mentioned.

Straighten horizons, number your photos, too many photos to comment on, I would prefer to see a theme if several photos are lodged, begin another thread to to disect all your photos, discover the limits of your camera's minimun focal distance, investigate the subject of composition and...............

.......... and the last one is an Emu.

You have a good start with these photos. There are wayyy too many of them, but thank you for showing us. They are indeed "good shots for a point and shoot", but that's only because of your skill and it's despite the camera; many of these shots are kind of hurt by the camera's automatic processing. For example, the super-contrast makes detail disappear, and when combined with the slight overexposure, it looks like some of these were photographs of a television screen.

Now, don't take that the wrong way! I think you've got skill and you've done a good job with these. I just think your camera is holding you back some.

Dubious Drewski, thanks a bunch.
Rachelsne, I meant to post in this one originally and accidentally did it in the other one. I cant move it so I just posted a copy here.
Kundalini, I could have done without the run down of everything ive done wrong with no upside, but I guess I asked for it so no hard feelings.

Mark

Kundalini, I could have done without the run down of everything ive done wrong with no upside, but I guess I asked for it so no hard feelings.
Mark
Not so much implying what you've done wrong, but this is to be a synopsis of what to consider on your next post with multiple photos. The upside is to get you to consider how to accentuate the positive responses of your post. I'll admit that I am somewhat lazy and have a short attention span. Figure out the (hate to say it) rules (of thumb) and you may get better responses. Only offering a suggestion or two. Take it or leave it.

Most reactions

Back