How's This?

drlynn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My 6-month-old's hand in mine. Want some honest feedback.

255Hand-in-Hand-2.jpg

/edit to fix link

Ok, visited the link
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/86000/86221sxBW_w.jpg

I like the composition, but I think there is a little too much palm on the left. It's a fairly large, flat, undefined section which takes away from the rest of it, where there is a lot of intricate little details, in the little fingers and lines and creases of the hands. I also think I would like it just a teeny bit darker. Other than that, it is really lovely.

Thanks Orie.

When I get home, I'll have to upload it to a different site and then fix my link. OOPS!

Drlynn from my part this is an exellent theme and work...

This represents safe, security of the child's mind in the warmer big hand :)
Most of the part took your hand so this is my feelings!

I really love the theme and I think B&W done well with this one :)

Technically: Lighting seems OK, but it can be sharped more just my thought!

And hey...there is a hair in his hand.....was it yours or his mothers???

I'd crop some off the left side. It seems like there is a large light space there, lacking the texture that fills the rest of the image. It pulls my view away from the child's hand.

It looks like the back of the child's hand (the last finger or so) is edging out of the DOF; not a big deal.

Crop some of the adults hand. And I'd like to see how this looks one stop less exposed.

I second the lil bit of cropping of the adult hand.

Have a couple of queries though..

-Is that your hand?
-If so, how did you take the shot? Tripod or one hand?

drlynn said:
Yep, it's my hand. The camera is in the other hand, balanced on the bed to keep it still.

coo :)

wow...i like your shot.. especially with the differences in sizes gives a good contrast. what does it look like in color?

Don't know what it looks like in color. I was "experimenting" (ie fooling around) with our new digicam. I shot this with the built-in sepia filter, then decided it would look better b&w, so I converted in photoshop and adjusted the contrast and levels some.

The sepia version was ok, but the shot needed the extra contrast and I think that works best in b&w.

I might try colorizing it if I have some free time to play.

wow thats not the first time ive seen that photo.

originality is one word that comes to mind, try using it next time

It seems to be necessary for those with fragile egos. True this photo is completely unoriginal...but what? I can't take a pic of a mountain b/c ansel adams did it first. Besides, you can learn alot by trying to reproduce other pics. It's the best experience. And that's what drlynn is obviously here for.

You, bunkwild, have offered nothing as far as I can tell.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back