Howth. Little seaside town.

Tuesday1029

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A quiet and peaceful place.

Please judge these photos and give some suggestions.

Thanks.:1219:

IMG_4237.JPG
IMG_4238.JPG
IMG_4239.JPG
IMG_4240.JPG
IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4252.JPG
IMG_4281.JPG

Nice set, but you should straighten them before showing them to anyone.

Sorry. I'm not English native speaker.

So what do you mean strighten? Or how?

Adjust them so that the horizon is level and/or the vertical elements (light-poles, walls, etc) are vertical.

Most software has provision for making adjustments to the tilt. If you don't currently have a software that does that, you can download some free ones.

I consider straightening to be the first and most elemental adjustment in all editing. It is easy, and make a big difference in how your photographs are viewed.

seems like a lot of sky..

Most software has provision for making adjustments to the tilt. If you don't currently have a software that does that, you can download some free ones.

I consider straightening to be the first and most elemental adjustment in all editing. It is easy, and make a big difference in how your photographs are viewed.
Thx.

I really have this problem.
Many of my photos are tilted.

Thanks~!

Thanks.

I will try to crop them~
The boat pics mostly.
you said this thread was about howth. a little seaside town. quiet and peaceful place. i was just seeing lots of sky, not howth. i did like that one street photo and the lighthouse photo is okay. Generally speaking, i dont think it works well putting your horizon dead center in your frame. so you did good there (i think) as you are falling closer to the third. on one of the boat pics closer to a quarter. kinda too much. . And you chose to do that using large skies, with nothing in them. so that entire section of your photo, doesnt really have much in it.
just my two cents.

Thanks.

I will try to crop them~
The boat pics mostly.
you said this thread was about howth. a little seaside town. quiet and peaceful place. i was just seeing lots of sky, not howth. i did like that one street photo and the lighthouse photo is okay. Generally speaking, i dont think it works well putting your horizon dead center in your frame. so you did good there (i think) as you are falling closer to the third. on one of the boat pics closer to a quarter. kinda too much. . And you chose to do that using large skies, with nothing in them. so that entire section of your photo, doesnt really have much in it.
just my two cents.

Appreciate your judgement!

Learn a lot!

Hope I can improve next time.

I really have this problem.
Many of my photos are tilted.

Don't worry about it! Even with a bubble level, getting the photo straight in the camera is rare, and it is much more common to be slightly off. Just get into the habit of straightening them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back