HP contrast woes

prlaserbean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if this is where I should be posting this, but here goes.

I bought myself a laptop to edit pictures with. Now all I could afford was about 700 dollars because I'm saving for my wedding. The laptop I got is great, but it has one issue. When I edit pictures on it and put them on another computer or view them on the internet from any other computer they look dark and with very high contrast.

What can I do to fix it? It looks absolutely fine to me on my screen.. so I don't understand. Any advice or help is appreciated.

That's a problem with laptops in general: they need calibrated, but the problem is it's hard because of the power saving feature can be turned on / off and different room lighting (not in the same place / same lighting like a desktop), and so on, all can and do give different results.

you do need to have the computer calibrated - as Tworails said for an LCD screen its not perfect, and laptops are even worse. However even a minor correction is far better than no correction - my LCD screen is nothing special but I noticed a massive difference between calibrated an noncalibrated - especailly when printing.

Consider something like a spyder screen calibrater - there are some online free calibration tools, but because they rely on your eyes they are highly subjective (your brain does a great job of altering what you actually see) whilst a machine does not suffer from such problems

Also note that if you get a screen calibration tool in the setup stage it will most likley ask if your secreen has a brightness control - and your screen might very well have one, but with an LCD its not! Its normally a backlight control and not a brightness control - there is a key difference and if you pick the wrong one you will be unable to calibrate the screen correctly

Angle the screen up a bit. And that's the other problem with most laptops, the contrast of the display is very dependant on viewing angle.

Most reactions

Back