HS Hockey Goalies

BillM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Or any other goalies for that matter. Feel free to post them up. I find myself getting fixated on them when I get to the rink, after all you have to get the puck in the net to win so there tends to be a whole lot of action there.

Here are a few from the last week

And from another game

Great shots. The easy element of shooting hockey is the goalie. Goalies are their own photo location, almost a point and shoot. These are really nice and clean images.

Thanks Scott, feel free to post some up :icon_thumright:

And any tips would be greatly appreciated. I find football so much easier, having played and coached for many years I can anticipate better. But with hockey I never played other than on a pond or in the street. But even then I loved playing goal, probably something to do ith being the center of attention lol

BUt I do branch out now and again :)

I figured with all the Canadian members there would be some goalie love going on, guess not. Maybe I'll start a thread on left wingers tomorrow :)

These are great. Well done!

Great set Bill!

One from last year at Rockland through the glass.

TMS_2881-M.jpg

Great job on the second set as well. I'll be shooting more hockey in the new year and will post some. I played hockey for 30 years, stopped playing 5 years ago after blowing my knee out(since repaired) although I'm looking to get back playing again. Still playing football though. I played defence, so when I shoot hockey I watch it from that point. Shooting up higher is the easiest way to cover hockey, you can follow puck movement. At ice level following the defenceman with puck watch the eyes as to where the puck is going, after that it's just a matter of keeping both eyes open, and in lots of cases I will watch the game overtop of the camera to see the entire ice surface and who is moving to were. I do a lot of vertical card type shots, so I may just follow one player for an entire shift and not worry about the play. If the team is plating well the puck will end up on his stick at some point.

That's a great tip Scott thanks, I will try to follow a player for a shift here and there. Unfortunately getting higher up isn't an option. There are only 7 or 8 rows of stands at the most in these rinks. That is a reason you will see so many people standing at the glass.

Nice shot Mike, and even more impressive is that you found a spot of glass good enough to shoot through in that rink lol

Most of these rinks the glass is too marked up to shoot through, except Bridgewater, it's Easy there :)

If you are allowed to pick a spot to shoot from at ice level that has some decent glass, but is still marked up with puck and tape scuffs, see if you can get on the ice just before they resurface. Take a safety blade, some window cleaner and a good cloth and scrape the marks off, then wipe it down. Just talk to the rink rats before the game. It makes a big difference.

Bill these are from the game last year that we were both at but hadn't meet yet. I think we were about 10 feet a part in the same section.

Pembroke-L.jpg

Scituate-L.jpg

Some nice shooting guy's.

These are all great shots!

I love the "easy" button, too.

Most reactions

Back