HTC Incredible vs iPhone

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone get the new HTC droid INcredible? I'm considering it, but the iPhone 4g is supposed to be out sometime in the next 4 years.

Wouldnt consider ATT, but....Verizon is supposedly going to have the iPhone in the near future

ATT will not have their 4g network operational in teh next 4 years, so how important is that?

iPhone 4g means 4th generation.

I would take my Droid over the HTC Incredible or iPhone 4g. Droid is the only phone in it's class with a physical keyboard and non-AMOLED. Those crappy AMOLED screens on the Incredible and iPhone 3g/4g are impossible to see in daylight.

dont want a physical keyboard...and the DROID is so freakin heavy

The iPhone 4G will be out in June. I had the 2G, have the 3G now, and will be getting the 4G as soon as it comes out.

As someone already mentioned, 4G does not mean it's network. 4G is a scam started by sprint, and now Verizon is jumping in on the marketing ploy. 3G is still new; they are still fixing the 2G system for christ sake. 4G wont be worth it for at least a couple years.

ATT will not have their 4g network operational in teh next 4 years, so how important is that?

I would take my Droid over the HTC Incredible or iPhone 4g. Droid is the only phone in it's class with a physical keyboard and non-AMOLED. Those crappy AMOLED screens on the Incredible and iPhone 3g/4g are impossible to see in daylight.

iPhone doesn't have an AMOLED screen... (The 4th gen one might, but we have no idea as of now. It's rumored to have Samsung's new Super AMOLED panel which fixes outdoor visibility, so it's a moot point anyways.)

As for which you should get, well... go to the stores and play around with both for a while, then decide if you like Android or iPhone OS better, simple as that!

iPhone doesn't have an AMOLED screen... (The 4th gen one might, but we have no idea as of now. It's rumored to have Samsung's new Super AMOLED panel which fixes outdoor visibility, so it's a moot point anyways.)

As for which you should get, well... go to the stores and play around with both for a while, then decide if you like Android or iPhone OS better, simple as that!

I've only seen 1 article claiming it uses a Samsung Super AMOLED, which is highly unlikely and hardly "fixes" outdoor visibility. In real world use the Super AMOLED is still about 1/2 as bright as the standard OLED screen in the Droid. You cannot see them at all in direct sunlight.

I've only seen 1 article claiming it uses a Samsung Super AMOLED, which is highly unlikely and hardly "fixes" outdoor visibility. In real world use the Super AMOLED is still about 1/2 as bright as the standard OLED screen in the Droid. You cannot see them at all in direct sunlight.

The Droid doesn't have an OLED screen, it's a TFT LCD, like all the current iPhones. OLED is akin to saying LCD in that both are underlying technologies that have different types. AMOLED is one type of OLED display, and Super AMOLED is the next generation of it. Currently, only one device uses it: the Samsung Wave (S8500), and a quote from GSM Arena's review states "Finally, we come to sunlight legibility, which has probably been the weakest spot in any Samsung display so far. And the S8500 Wave was quite a surprise here too. Not only is this the most impressive unit indoors, but it doesn’t even lose a bit of its charm out in the bright sun."

Considering that this device is brand new, and most sites don't even have reviews up, I have no idea where you're getting your claims of 'real world performance.'

As for the next iPhone, it seems very likely by this point, and this search brings up far more than 1 article, but here's the thing. It's all speculation, so there's no way to know for sure. It could use TI's LaserVUE for all we know (joke.)

I'm not trying to have an argument here, just asking that you make sure your facts are straight before you start using them to advise people's decision making.

Most reactions

Back