Hula Hoop

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hula5.jpg

This kind of high contrast image is my cupa joe. :D I am smitten with it.

This seems much more contrasty than your usual fare, am I right? It only adds to the feel of this image. And it's still such a beautiful exposure. I love the bottom right placement, too.

It makes me happy just to look at it. :goodvibe:

awsome contrast and composition. I really like that you shot fast enough for no blur, I think a blur would have taken a lot away from the photo.

I really like this although Id have to disagree with others - I think the background looks a bit boring considering how much goes on in the foreground, it is so even and consisten that it becomes a little unreal as if you had used a small sample and duplicated it with a stamp tool.

I wonder how you took this picture? Was it a kid you know or did you just see him in a park and sneak up on him with a camera?

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

My intent in this photo was to take the normal snapshot opportunity and turn it into more of a graphic representation of the action. Extreme contrast. Extreme use of empty space. Extreme cropping - right to the edge. Fairly extreme or strange angle/viewpoint. Use of fill flash to "spotlight" subject from above (which caused the light fall-off in the top of the picture and the blown-out highlights. I didn't foresee the light fall-off but liked it...the blown-out areas I didn't like but left them alone...).

Individually, any of these things would cause viewers of a photo to react - and usually in a negative manner. So, when I posted this, I really didn't know what to expect. I am pleasantly surprised that your comments have generally been favourable.

Sash[DSL said:
]I wonder how you took this picture? Was it a kid you know or did you just see him in a park and sneak up on him with a camera?

I didn't have to sneak up on this young lady. :) I simply walked up to her during a little league soccer game. She was madly hula hooping and I took a few shots.

Thanks again.

Tuna

Most reactions

New Topics

Back