Humbled and Miniscule--My Astro Attempt

pretty good! Focus looks good, white balance looks good (soo many people screw that up). I'd clone out that plane/satellite. It needs a touch more contrast too. I always use selective curve adjustments in PS6 to make the MW pop as well. Very, very good first attempt though.

pretty good! Focus looks good, white balance looks good (soo many people screw that up). I'd clone out that plane/satellite. It needs a touch more contrast too. I always use selective curve adjustments in PS6 to make the MW pop as well. Very, very good first attempt though.

I'll have to try that. I did all the editing in Lightroom. I'll see what I can come up with.

Jake

I really like this shot Jake. I like what you were going for here too. I wish I got clear skies like that around here.

I really like this shot Jake. I like what you were going for here too. I wish I got clear skies like that around here.

Thanks! The idea to pose like that just struck me mid-shoot.

I only do a bit of processing of my night photos in LR- white balance, lens corrections, sharpening, etc. And then bring them over to photoshop to really do most of the work. Here is a video I learned a lot from

I only do a bit of processing of my night photos in LR- white balance, lens corrections, sharpening, etc. And then bring them over to photoshop to really do most of the work. Here is a video I learned a lot from

Great video, thanks for posting!

I really like it,and is a wonderful start!

I boomified the original post a bit.

very nice. It's easy to do (I'm most certainly guilty) of overprocessing and going hard on the curve adjustments. Nice work man.

very nice. It's easy to do (I'm most certainly guilty) of overprocessing and going hard on the curve adjustments. Nice work man.

Could have really used the 2.8 or lower though!

Nice- where was this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could have really used the 2.8 or lower though!

Yeah, it certainly helps. I'm hoping to pick up a 24 or 35 1.4 soon. Milky Way season is pretty much over, so now you have something to think about for next summer!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back