Hummingbird Shot

Paz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any C&C on this hummingbird pic. I'm very new I I know I had the ISO way to high when I shot this but I tried to clean it up a bit.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was having troubles with Picasa's coding but I think I figured it out now.

wow this is some shot.. so clear and sharp... awesome..

Timing is the key :)

Watch them for a while and you will see they sip, move back, hover for a split second, move in again for another sip.

Catch them at that split second when they move back and hover...

And/or if you set up some natural branches close to the feeder they will begin to stage on the branch before moving to the feeder.

Keep in mind the bird must be as closely facing the sun as possible for maximum color on the gorget/throat.

Cheers, Don

Timing is the key :)

Watch them for a while and you will see they sip, move back, hover for a split second, move in again for another sip.

Catch them at that split second when they move back and hover...

And/or if you set up some natural branches close to the feeder they will begin to stage on the branch before moving to the feeder.

Keep in mind the bird must be as closely facing the sun as possible for maximum color on the gorget/throat.

Cheers, Don
great tips and info ..thanks...

Although this thread is two years old, here's another tip. If you tape over all but one port for the hummingbird to feed, you are assured of its location. (Bonus at no extra charge) Pre-focus and turn AF off. Then recompose to eliminate the feeder.

Although this thread is two years old, here's another tip. If you tape over all but one port for the hummingbird to feed, you are assured of its location. (Bonus at no extra charge) Pre-focus and turn AF off. Then recompose to eliminate the feeder.
very good tip lol...i was moving it around and moving myself around... and of course this is to no avail.. you only have seconds... thanks...you are clever in preparation tactics...

Most reactions

Back