Hummingbirds

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few more hummingbird shots...

all are cropped, some have had background elements removed

The orange ones were very aggresive, and wouldn't stay still long enough to focus very well, these are the best ones of the 200 or so that i took.

humbird1.jpg

humbird2.jpg

humbird3.jpg

humbird4.jpg

humbird5.jpg

humbird6.jpg

humbird7.jpg

wow, nice work on these. this appears to be a very difficult bird to capture.

i sure am enjoying all these hummingbird shots!!

Holy cow.. Cool shots. Have all the crows turned to hummin birds now? :lol: Cant believe you got them with their wings frozen. Awesome job. !!!

are those rufus hummers??? they are big compared to our ruby throated hummers...
i watched them in wyoming one year..and they are more aggressive to the feeders than my little ones...

these are just great shots... i would frame a few of these...

aprilraven said:
are those rufus hummers??? they are big compared to our ruby throated hummers...

aprilraven, I think there are a couple different kinds here. I'm not an expert, but from my quick internet research, the green/gray ones are female Broad-tailed Hummingbirds. The orange ones are most likely Rufus or Rufous Hummingbirds. You really know your hummingbirds... ;)

Thanks for the nice comments everybody!

wow, stunning captures.

i love the first and third.

great captures! are'nt they beautiful birds? do they hover in one place for a while? but those wings are so fast that they are just a blur, you have done really well to freeze the action, good work!

great shots....Those are nery hard to capture. I like them

Most reactions

New Topics

Back