Hunting season...

I wouldn't mind learning how to hunt with those high-tech bow's. Hunting for turkey right now would be sweet.

If I was ever going to learn to hunt it would be with a conventional bow and arrow, not one of the modern ones or a high velocity sniper rifle with 300x scope. Makes it too easy in my opinion.

However I did enjoy Deerhunter the game pretty relaxing plus no guilt of taking a life.

bace said:
I wouldn't mind learning how to hunt with those high-tech bow's. Hunting for turkey right now would be sweet.
I use a Compound for target... I have never hunted with one though.

i love to hunt.

soon as my divorce is final, i'll be right back out there.

white tail. mmmmmmmmm.......

I'm an upland hunter and tis' the season for it to start. Haven't hunted the last couple of years but we're going to have to check out the quail situation down here in SoCal. Nothing like hauling a shotgun around all day for a 6 piece chicken McNugget meal.

I'm not from Texas but I do like to hunt. I've been going for years only I just haven't killed anything. I'm more likely to shoot Bambi with a camera then to do it with my rifle. :lol: Venison is awesome though. So is elk and antelope. :mrgreen: I've never hunted bird (quail) before... but I might try it this year since Malachite likes to hunt quail. I hear they're good eatin. :drool:

Tobes... what does your divorce being final have to do with hunting? Screw worrying about that and get out there and restock the freezer man. :hugs:

photogoddess said:
I'm not from Texas but I do like to hunt. I've been going for years only I just haven't killed anything. I'm more likely to shoot Bambi with a camera then to do it with my rifle. :lol: Venison is awesome though. So is elk and antelope. :mrgreen: I've never hunted bird (quail) before... but I might try it this year since Malachite likes to hunt quail. I hear they're good eatin. :drool:

Tobes... what does your divorce being final have to do with hunting? Screw worrying about that and get out there and restock the freezer man. :hugs:

heheh. i ever tell you how much i love you? (platonically, malachite, platonicallly ;) )

Last time I hunted I was 12. was using a 16 gauge shotgun to hunt deer down in Virginia. I really didn't have a clue as to what I was doing but it was a father son thing so I went. I had never fired the shotgun before so when I saw my first deer I closed my eyes, turned my heaqd and pulled the trigger. The recoil caught me off guard and dumped me on my butt. The first indication that my accuracy was less than stellar was when my father bursts out laughing and yells TIMBER!!! I open my eyes just in time to watch a 2-3 in. sapling keel over from about 4 feet up the trunk, where my shotgun blast nearly severed it. The deer was nowhere to be seen. Haven't been hunting since, except with my car.

While I have nothing against hunting as long as you eat what you kill, I think a truly challenging hunt would be to take your camera and a short lens and try and get a good picture. Not that would take skill. :mrgreen:

Scott WRG Editor said:
a truly challenging hunt would be to take your camera and a short lens and try and get a good picture. Not that would take skill. :mrgreen:
That's not hard around here...
there are soooo many deer around here that I can just use my 50mm to photograph the deer... as soon as I get this roll of film developed I'll show y'all :lmao:

Cant use rifle in Ohio to hunt deer. Either Bow or shotgun. Im more of a bird hunter anyway. Goose, duck, dove, its more exciting than deer hunting.

I use a Baikal 12ga O/U.

Most reactions

Back