Hunting season...

okay okay...but keep it on the newspapers!!

you know it.

bace said:
I have learned to conform to the rules.

I take out my twenty something angst on other message boards.

L M A O :lmao: :D

Weezy

I'm a bit of a treehugger (not a Nazi though by any means) and a vegetarian, and I don't see anything inherently wrong in properly hunting animals. Operative word being 'properly'...i.e. Pull over on the shoulder, POW! "yeeehaaawwwww! got me a 30 pound doe!!!! yeeeehawwww!"

;)

It's also the hunter's money that is being used for upkeep of numerous state parks. Like your hiking trail? Thank a hunter....

treehuggerhikerboy said:
I'm a bit of a treehugger (not a Nazi though by any means) and a vegetarian, and I don't see anything inherently wrong in properly hunting animals. Operative word being 'properly'...i.e. Pull over on the shoulder, POW! "yeeehaaawwwww! got me a 30 pound doe!!!! yeeeehawwww!"

;)

It's also the hunter's money that is being used for upkeep of numerous state parks. Like your hiking trail? Thank a hunter....
totally agree! :thumbup: :)

TreeH has a valid point. Over population of deer is rampant, thinning the herds are necessary at times- atleast so I've been told....too bad folks don't look at human overpopulation the same way. :meh:

In Wisconsin they are activly encouraging people to help thin out the deer herd because of CWD in the herd. It's the most effective way of controlling the desease here.

Another factor is the herd is way too large to be supported by the habitat. There are 3 times the amout of deer now than when the "White Man" came to this country and they are destroying the forests. In Door County they have wiped out the natural vegetation from the ground up to the height of a standing deers head in the park. No wild flowers or anything. They are also responsible for over 40,000 deer/car accidents per year.

Besides, venison is very good when prepared properly. I also enjoy venison sausage. :)

airgunr said:
They are also responsible for over 40,000 deer/car accidents per year.

Indeed, I grew up living next to a wildlife reserve and all of the deer run from the unsafe areas to the safe zone during hunting season. Last year my mom hit 3 deer in one month. thank goodness she drives a Blazer or she would have been in trouble.

And I will admit, although the thought of hurting animals really really disturbs me ...they sure are tastey. :blushing:

Speaking of over population...
An area near where I live 'Canyon Lake', had 72 deer per-acre at one point.
It was a horrible problem that started when contractors got a hold of the land and started building a LOT of homes there. When that happened NO HUNTING.
Then everything broke loose. The deer were so over-populated and so docile that they were starving to death and would walk up to people and even attack them for food.

That's an extreme problem that can happen anywhere... really. :meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back