Huntington Beach Sunset

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CliffsSunsetforweb-2.png

Hope you guys like it, I'm not sure how I feel about it.

On second thought I actually think this is one of the better images I have taken.

I'm still pretty new to photography but I think I like the way this turned out. (I love the blue to orange contrast)

In post-processing I just added saturation, straightened the horizon, added some brightness/ contrast, sharpened it, and that's pretty much it.

Please give me some comments and critiques! Thanks.

I like saturation, but then again I'm a bit saturated anyhow.

A few things;

First, I miss HB & Newport. I don't remember some of the best memories in my life from hanging out down there in the late 60s-70s. Very sentimental and mushy, really mushy.

Second, the 50-50 horizon is dividing the scene somewhat unattractively. Maybe next time include a bit more of the reflection in the sand.

Third, I like extra saturation in my shots, but try this: copy the layer and desaturate, then reduce the opacity of the layer. You may not like it, but what the heck?- I've been playing with it recently and like the effect sometimes. Especially since I've looked at shots I took six-seven months ago and my first reaction was- "Whoa- too saturated."

Okay, yeah it probably is too saturated, I'll give desaturating it a try.

Thanks abraxas, I appreciate it.

Abraxas, took your advice. Is this any better?

CliffsSunsetforWeb22.png

A little. Start from scratch and try it.

Ok, if I have the time. lol

Thanks for the help abraxas.

Maybe crop just a little off the top of the sky where there is nothing of interest, cloudwise.

Thanks for the comment Stella, but I think I like the contrast between the blue sky as it turns orange, so I think I'll keep it.

Seems to be a little too saturated, and the contrast is a bit much. I like the shot though, I would just tweak it a bit in PS.

Thanks Campbell.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back