Hurricain Ivan

Peldor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
peldor.deviantart.com
Well guys this is probably the last post I will be making before Ivan hits. I’m going to try to take lots of pics (have my digi and my laptop + 35mm and about 20 rolls of film and spare batts) also have a 10kph genset at the house and lots of food and water.
This is where I am located:
In Louisiana
as you can see its not a good spot but hey ... this place has been through 3 cat 5 hurricanes and no flooding so I’m going to be OK. Well guys... I’m signing off in about an hour so see you in a few days! (I hope)
TJ (peldor)

Yeppers, we'll be feeling the Ivan-luv by Thursday night or Friday, as it stands now.

I'm over it already. :roll:

Candles? Matches? Cooler? Wine? Beer?

Check. :?

Ok...as we established a week or so ago...Hurricanes don't like cold, so instead of sending ya light, I'll be sending ya COLD!

So..(I can't believe I'm about to say the S word!)

I'm thinking
Snow
Snowball fights
Snow men
Sleet
Mittens
Scarves
Stocking caps
Goosebumps
Steam comin outa your mouth when ya breathe
Icickle...Icesickle...Icesicle...I dunno how to spell it!

Is that cold enough???

Good luck!

Hey...how much of Florida is this thing sposed ta hit?? My buddy Brian just got sent down there (not sure exactly what part) for work...and I'm worried sick about him.

Will absolutely be thinking of all of you in Ivan's path. Stay safe (and you know if you can safely, take some photos, too!)

And piggybacking Corey's thought, I'll send you some of that:

Breathe in and your nose freezes!

It's kinda big, yeah. And kinda strong. And I am reeeally sick of it! Been raining for hours now, strong winds.....

normal_Ivan1.jpg

The wind is really howling now out there, and the lights have flickered twice. I think I might shut down for a while here, and go snuggle with the pug.

I'll check in later... :eek:

I learned something today, from all my panicked local weatherpeople...the northeastern side of the eye of the hurricane is the worst side to be on! [Note Terri's position in above radar image]

:irked: Who knew??

Anyway, it's blowing itself outta here tonight. Depending on who you listen to, about 50K folks without power around here....we were lucky!! But it has been a nervewracking day, listening to it roar through and not being able to do a thing about it. bah!

Most reactions

Back