Hurricane Dean - Cancun, Mexico

DomGatto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gattostudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Amazing how it started out, just some clouds rolling in over the clear blue water. Here is the entire resort and beach 2 days before Dean:

Cancun_Palace_Resort_by_Dominick_AR.jpg

Now take a good look at the water, and get a good size reference by the people that are in there. The next few photos are taken from the same floor at a different room further to the left.

Now it starts. In 2 days time, the skies grew dark and grey.
Incoming___Hurricane_Dean_by_Dominick_AR.jpg

A few hours later and it was pure chaos. The entire hotel was evacuated, I chose to stick around for what proved to be the ride of my life. I was completely alone, just myself and a bottle of Jose Cuervo.

This is what I was looking at:
Rolling_In___Hurricane_Dean_by_Dominick_AR.jpg

The waves were growing stronger as the storm came in. At this point, the wind was so intense that it made it almost impossible to open the door to the balcony.

And_It_Hits___Hurrcane_Dean_by_Dominick_AR.jpg

The sea raged against the resort. That wall is a good 15 feet high, and the water was practically pouring over into the pool.

Another shot:
And_it_Hits_2___Hurricane_Dean_by_Dominick_AR.jpg

I stayed in my bathroom for the rest of the night after the glass broke on the blacony window. It made it impossible for me to take pictures until the wind died down, mainly because I didn't want to get cut up or damage my camera.

But the next morning was an amazing sight:
Morning_After___Hurricane_Dean_by_Dominick_AR.jpg

Truley an amazing and memorable experience.

Morning_2___Hurricane_Dean_by_Dominick_AR.jpg

What an awesome series! Totally amazing. Thank you for sharing.

wow this great I also have nikon D40 and i really like what you did . . .

Most reactions

Back