hurricane ike

DUDE!!! HURRICAINE IKE BLEW AWAY ALL YOUR COLORS!!!

:)

hopefully a bit of levity to brighten the mood. :)

Good luck and be safe. Us Northerners don't get hurricaines often. I remember the one we did was quite an ordeal.

Here, just a bit of a side track, I'll tell a story about my hurricaine experience.

I was working at this hardware store at the time. Big place that used to be a grocery store so it had those huge windows up front, floor to ceiling. A bunch of us were there and we were stupidly open because hardware stores make a KILLING just before a hurricaine.

Anyway, we were also very stupidly standing relatively close to the windows watching the fun. Winds picking up, funky colored skies, etc.

All of a sudden we got one big gust and the gigantic windows visibly rippled and made this gut-wrenching SNAP sound as they whipped back into shape.

I swear you never saw 8 people move so fast in your entire life. There was a puff of dust as 250 lb peter jumped backwards over the pallet of bags of concrete. 6' 5" mike ran and dove over the kitchen cabinet display, taking down a ceramic sink pedastal as he flew. The owner of the store covered the entire distance from the fron to the back of the store in what must have been about 1.43 seconds. I personally did this one-jump leap and skid thing and moved about 10' in 1/2 second, and grabbed the side of the counter so I slid behind it. etc.

It was quite hysterical.

We were such morons. :lol:

updated...ive added pic after the storm

Wow gas station got flattened. I feel like a little girl complaining about the weather in San Diego, i am oblivious to everything besides this city.

Wow, glad you're safe, is all I can say. And here I am whining about grey skies and drizzles...

i think i was very lucky...the only thing that happened was one section of my fence blew down..thats it...most of those pictures were in other spots of town not to far from where i stay...i was like WOW...never seen anything like that before espically the gas stations...

ah internet...feels so good
smile.gif

how are you folks in houston doing? my house doesn't have any damage at all (phew!), but still no power up until this minute. some power lines are down and until this morning, there's no sign that it is being worked on. i have to drive around the city to find wi-fi access and wait for almost 1 hour for gasoline. there are still 14,000 ppl out of power in my zip code and i doubt that we get power up pretty soon so i guess we can only wait. as far as water supply, there shouldn't be any problem since officials confirmed that all water pumps are up and running like normal.
folks in houston, hope you guys are doing just fine other than power issue.

ah internet...feels so good
smile.gif

how are you folks in houston doing? my house doesn't have any damage at all (phew!), but still no power up until this minute. some power lines are down and until this morning, there's no sign that it is being worked on. i have to drive around the city to find wi-fi access and wait for almost 1 hour for gasoline. there are still 14,000 ppl out of power in my zip code and i doubt that we get power up pretty soon so i guess we can only wait. as far as water supply, there shouldn't be any problem since officials confirmed that all water pumps are up and running like normal.
folks in houston, hope you guys are doing just fine other than power issue.

i JUST arrived home from getting gas...wait was about a hour

To the PFT members that live in Houston. Did you stay at home and ride out the storm or did you leave?

here are a few from my house

131_131-1.jpg

042_42-1.jpg

089_89-1.jpg

never heard the tree fall and that isn't my trampoline(have no idea where it came from)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back