Hurt pelican

no, it looks like a Pelican, I just didn't know they lived inland?

Yep. There's quite a few of them in Tennessee as well, the White Pelicans anyway. It's far less common to see Brown Pelicans away from the coast, but White Pelicans have a pretty broad range of habitat.

Love that first shot, Ron! It could be that its foot is injured; if so, they can often adapt and adjust to live with it pretty well. At least, that's what I tell myself, so I don't feel quite so bad when I see a bird with a lame foot. :D

Thanks Sharon. I'm not sure. There were a few kids down there after we left and it moved from the log and tried to fly but only flew about 20-30 feet and then was in the water floating. I wouldn't have a clue who to call and let them know about it or if anyone could even help or would be able to catch it to help.

Thanks Sharon. I'm not sure. There were a few kids down there after we left and it moved from the log and tried to fly but only flew about 20-30 feet and then was in the water floating. I wouldn't have a clue who to call and let them know about it or if anyone could even help or would be able to catch it to help.

If you want to try to do something, I'd suggest you find the local ornithological society and let them know about what you saw and where it was. IF they can find the bird and decide it is indeed injured, someone with the local O.S. will likely have some contacts with some rehabbers there. Oftentimes, if you call a rehab facility yourself, they'll just tell you that YOU can bring the bird to THEM.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back