Hyde Park Historic Railroad Station - CC

docphysics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Hyde Park, NY Historic Railroad Station also has a free museum. I snapped this pic of the old timey ticket sellers office. Please CC.

DSC_0369.jpg

great shot! It makes me feel like I've traveled back in time fifty something years.

Thanks! I like the way to the sun is coming through the windows, I thought it made for some great angles on the shadows. The only thing I don't like is the white chord that's plugged in on the right. It seems a little to modern and out of place, but I don't think they would have liked it if I went in and unplugged it. :lol:

I agree about the cord, but what I find more distracting is the long diagonal shadow on the same wall. I also feel the shadows in the area of the typewriter and desk chair to be too dark and they hide interesting detail from the image as a whole.

great shot! It makes me feel like I've traveled back in time fifty something years.

The shot is good but the setting leaves a bit to be desired. The phone goes back some sixty years but the typewriter goes back over a hundred. Of course, that crappy white cord goes back to last year!

The shot is good but the setting leaves a bit to be desired. The phone goes back some sixty years but the typewriter goes back over a hundred. Of course, that crappy white cord goes back to last year!

Ummm, the phone probably dates back to the 1940's and the typewriter the 40's as well... a hundred years? The telegraph to the right perhaps, but not the typewriter. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back