hyperventilating

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so I did it...I clicked the "Buy it Now" button on the Cameta.com auction at eBay.

So, that means, that by week's end, I should be the proud of a Nikon D70s!!!

I'm so excited, but a little scared...I mean, what if I stop enjoying taking pictures? What if I get it and I realize that I'm only good because I've had the crutch of a point-and-shoot? What if I drop it????

So many things running through my head, but I'm still overjoyed that I got it!

YEAH FOR JO COSE!!!!!!!

*hands Jocose a paper bag* Here...breathe into this and count slowly backwards from 10. Repeat to yourself "It'll be ok. It'll be ok.."

Cuz JoCose...it'll be ok... CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks, Corry...that helped.

Thanks Corry and Alex, I'm sure I won't either, but it's the second most expensive thing I've ever bought. I've been out of school for 3 years now, and making a professional's salary, but I still forget that I actually have an income (I guess that's what 5+ years living below the poverty level does to ya:) ).

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, and I'll be posting as soon as I get it and charge the batteries!

Congrats! You'll love it! When Aubrey gets home he'll tell you his own story about when he bought his D70 ;)

Alison said:
Congrats! You'll love it! When Aubrey gets home he'll tell you his own story about when he bought his D70 ;)

Did it involve throwing up when he realized how much money he spent? Cuz, right now, I could totally relate to that! :lol:

Before I got mine, I felt the same way...what happens now that the crutch of camera blame is gone? Well, believe me, no crutch necessary when you can actually achieve what you wanted to in the first place. Congrats, and next DC meetup, I'll have the worst camera! :lol:

jocose said:
Did it involve throwing up when he realized how much money he spent? Cuz, right now, I could totally relate to that! :lol:

Damn, were you there too? Oh yeah, he was sick for quite some time!

Joe, I'm not so sure...everyone keeps telling me that the D70 and the D70s are the same, so we'll say we'll be even.

Alison, I'm not really freaking out, just having a hard time adjusting to paying so much money for one thing! But it's all good...I'm gonna get, and love it and hug it and call it george...erm...no, I mean I'm gonna get it and love it and take tons of awesome pics with it, and try to get my money's worth within 6 months (like I did with my PowerShot)!

jocose said:
Joe, I'm not so sure...everyone keeps telling me that the D70 and the D70s are the same, so we'll say we'll be even.

Alison, I'm not really freaking out, just having a hard time adjusting to paying so much money for one thing! But it's all good...I'm gonna get, and love it and hug it and call it george...erm...no, I mean I'm gonna get it and love it and take tons of awesome pics with it, and try to get my money's worth within 6 months (like I did with my PowerShot)!
It's only a slight advantage ;)
You'll have a better screen (2" instead of 1.8")
You can get a wired cable release
So yeah, but you get that nifty s! hehe

clarinetJWD said:
It's only a slight advantage ;)
You'll have a better screen (2" instead of 1.8")
You can get a wired cable release
So yeah, but you get that nifty s! hehe

Mayhaps mon ami, but you still have more talent than I do, so you'll still get better pics :lol:

Are we still getting those remotes?

Oh, BTW, speaking of having way more talent than me, can you post or PM me that info on the music we were talking about at the last meetup?

Thanks.

jocose said:
OK, so I did it...I clicked the "Buy it Now" button on the Cameta.com auction at eBay. So, that means, that by week's end, I should be the proud of a Nikon D70s!!! I'm so excited, but a little scared...I mean, what if I stop enjoying taking pictures? What if I get it and I realize that I'm only good because I've had the crutch of a point-and-shoot? What if I drop it???? So many things running through my head, but I'm still overjoyed that I got it!
Congratulations on your purchase; this new camera will take your photography to new heights, for sure. :)

BTW: If you want something to be anxious about. Think about all the additional money you'll spend in the next year on lenses, a flash, and other "necessary" accessories. And, if you're like most of us, you'll make those purchases before you even consider the questions with which you started this thread. :lol:

photo gal said:
Yay for Jacose................I am green :meh: with envy I tell ya......Happy for you though and you will love it!!!:hugs:

Thanks, PG. I'm sure I will...I can't wait for the weekend now though. I had it sent to my parents cuz my dad is home all day, so he can sign for the box. Mr. ClarinetJWD and I might meet up in Baltimore to play with it!

Most reactions

Back