I <3 NOLA.

There ya go ;) Glad I could add some ideas to your repertoire.

An idea though, something else I did, take your eraser tool (before flattening) -- set it to 30-40% and lighten up some of the creases across the face. Or you could dodge it out a bit.

You know, that's so simple, and I'm an almost 3 year graphic design student, and I didn't even think, not even a little bit to do that. I was thinking really hard on how to decrease that too haha. Just had a brain fart I guess.

Hah, I've never had any background in photography or digital design ... just learn as I go. On my last photoshoot (which was my first) -- I taught myself RAW editing and it was the FIRST time I learned how to dodge/burn lol. Check out other threads, I have a feeling you'd enjoy the editing I did on some of those engagement shots

I like your photos. You seem to like a lot of the same stuff I do in PP. And yea, dodging and burning are a lot better with RAW files. When I would burn with smaller JPEGS a while back it would just make it darkers, or turn places red. With RAW it actually brings colors back. Lately, though I've been working more on trying to schedule shoots during the golden hour. So much easier to shoot outside then. Only problem is that it's only an hour.

Fill flash works wonders during those 'non-golden' hours. I had a location swap in the middle of that engagement shoot, so squeezing it into one hour was impossible. I've come to the conclusion that you can pull off shots from 5pm until sun down, with the earlier of that time, concentrating on positioning and shading. Just got a sb600, so I'm looking forward to off camera flash strobe fun.

btw, we have the same cam too ... Just shows you don't need a 1500 dollar camera to take quality shots.

Yea. I am working on getting the D90, though. I like the results of my D3000 just fine, but I really want that in camera AF motor so I can get cheaper lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back