I Adopted a Cat

Well, it's been a week and a day since we became house mates. She has begun coming out from underneath the sofa all on her own. Although still very skittish when I walk into a room she's in, she will circle back around for a head scratch. This past weekend she has really found her voice and can be quite the talker. However, this evening she found the end of my bed.

i-pFShqk9-XL.jpg

If she could only figure out that the brown thing in front of her is supposed to be HER bed. :lol:

i-h7pWK8c-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

The 'brown thing' is already her bed, because it smells like her. But your shirt, well, it smells like YOU. So she needs to claim it as well.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd............... her name?

However, this evening she found the end of her bed.

You'll come around to the feline way of thinking soon enough - she's found her end of the bed and her shirt now ;)
Really glad to hear that she's settling in now :)

More progress has been made this week. She'll jump up on the bed while I'm actually in it, but thankfully won't spend the night there. She's quite affectionate in the mornings but I think it's only a covert ploy to be fed.

I found a good spot for the "brown thing" finally. It seems to be a good fit.

i-4M8sCJx-XL.jpg

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd............... her name?
I'm still undecided, but I've come up with two more possibilities........

Gabby because she is such a talker.

Tinker which is just shy of stinker....... good gawd amighty. Sometimes I can walk down the hall past where the litter box is and I feel like I've been knocked up side the head, then I have to go brush my teeth.

:biglaugh:

..........Tinker which is just shy of stinker....... good gawd amighty. Sometimes I can walk down the hall past where the litter box is and I feel like I've been knocked up side the head,.........

I don't mind cleaning the litter box.

It's filling out the EPA's Environmental Impact Statement that bothers me.
Writing_emoticon_by_eburt.gif

Cute! Glad she is warming up. Looks a lot like one of mine, her name is Patches. I love the darker calicos.

YAY!!! I'm so glad she is feeling more comfortable!!! Just don't start walking around naked again!! You'll freak her out.....:sexywink:

Aw, it's really great to see her settling in so well.
Putting her bed by the window seems to be just right, looks like she's enjoying the view.

Awesome! This could be the start of a beautiful relationship. If you really want that litterbox odor to be lessened significantly, you need to get her onto a high-quality food, like Science Diet or Iams. ALthough the initial cost might give you a sort of sticker shock feeling, the payoff comes when the cat eats half as much food volume, is healthier, happier, and poops about half as much and it does not stink so doggone much. The savings are actually realized over a wider range of areas when you feed Science Diet to a cat, or cats. The lessened smell from Science Diet alone is worth the cost.

Awws nice to see she is settling in - though when winter rolls around again the window might not be the most popular of spots with all that cold air - but still great spot for the summer!

Also Lord of the Rings - all alone in the middle of the shelf!

I love the darker calicos.
From my understanding, since she hasn't any white on her pelt, she would be considered a tortoiseshell. Whenever I hear the name Patches, I always think of Clarence Carter. Thanks.

Just don't start walking around naked again!! You'll freak her out.....:sexywink:
Walking around naked is a normal occurence for me...... haven't you figured that out yet? :sexywink:

Aw, it's really great to see her settling in so well.
Putting her bed by the window seems to be just right, looks like she's enjoying the view.
She's coming into her own here. Your interest and support is well received.

Awesome! This could be the start of a beautiful relationship. If you really want that litterbox odor to be lessened significantly, you need to get her onto a high-quality food, like Science Diet or Iams. ......
I'm feeding her Iams at the moment. With the evening feedings I add a spoonful of wet in with the dry food, mostly tuna. Every other day I give her a single serving of half-n-half. In my mind it's more of a treat than a demand. But wait.... does this mean I am being subservient? Goddamn cats!!!!!!

Awws nice to see she is settling in - though when winter rolls around again the window might not be the most popular of spots with all that cold air - but still great spot for the summer!

Also Lord of the Rings - all alone in the middle of the shelf!
Fortunately here in the Mid-Atlantic, we are having a VERY mild winter. I mean, it's near the end of February and it was in the mid 70's today. Mind blowing but my power bills are well received. :biggrin:

From my understanding, since she hasn't any white on her pelt, she would be considered a tortoiseshell. Whenever I hear the name Patches, I always think of Clarence Carter. Thanks.

Yeah, I shouldn't have said Calico (d'oh). You're correct that yours is a Tortoiseshell and mine would actually be a Tortoise-and-White (they can have white, they are just sometimes referred to differently).

Clarence Carter is way before my time, so no reference for me thankfully. :lol:

I'm glad she's warming up :) The one good thing about the bed is that cats are nocturnal. My cats sleep in mine all day long but they're up doing who knows what at night. I always say it's really their bed and they let me sleep in it when it's dark.

Congrats on the kitty!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back