i almost pet a deer!

Jklersy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I never have my dog on a leash now that he's trained, and he is only 23 pounds. He poops in the woods so I let him run back there to do his business and I hear more noise than he can make on his own. Here he is bouncing back and forth trying to play with a 8 point buck!! Of course I dont have my camera cause we do this 6 times a day, but the deer never ran. He must be injured or something, but I got my camera and went back and he was still there, so here are the good shots. I adjusted the WB and Contrast on CS2, but I dont really know how to use it so its just auto stuff from raw.

deerlifelike.jpg

Deerprofile.jpg

Deerportrait.jpg

I really like #1, it's a shame this happened in the middle of the day though and the lighting was off. Could be slightly recomposed from a lower angle in order to get of the antlers in the shot.

#2 has a little too much body on the deer, it would be a decent picture after a little more cropping but I like the pose in #1 better anyways, plus there are a couple leaves in front of the deer's face in #2.

#3 is too stereotypical for my taste, i.e. classical "deer hunter" shot. You also miss the eye glint that you have in the previous two photos.

i am so jealous of #1. good job. 3 is pretty also. well, i like them all.:) what camera/lens did you use. did you zoom in any?

SO LUCKY~!!!! nice shot for numero uno

I used a canon rebel xt and the 75-300 f4-5.6 lens. This shot was one of the last ones, he had moves away. I took it at iso 100, 1/100 at f5.6 300mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back