I am a beginner..and i need help

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by metrosomething, May 29, 2007.

1. metrosomething

metrosomething TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello all my name is metro
    I'm a newbie and i dont know $#!T

I am in college and have be interested in photography for about 7 years now...
    I was gonna finally take a course in my college...but I've reached my credit limit for the semester. So i wanted to know if anyone in here could give me some pointers... on the do's and dont of photography.

Also i wanted to know...what camera should i start out with...i have digital camera is that good enough?

this may sound stupid but like i said...im a newbie and very very dumb when it comes to this
    What is the black room used for?

How can i learn to edit photos
    Should i buy a program so i can edit my photos

2. Unreal Tuner

Unreal Tuner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What kind of digital camera do you have? The best way to start out is to get out there and start taking pictures. I think everyone would agree of that being a DO.

From the advice I have learned from others here, if after awhile your interest grows then you can upgrade to a better camera. But I think for now you can do just fine with the camera that you have.

To edit photos most people use Photoshop. But like I said give yourself some more time before you go out and spend a lot of money. Hopefully I helped in some way. I'm sure others will be able to add on or elaborate on things i've said.

Good luck and have fun!

3. metrosomething

metrosomething TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah....
    it did help me alot....i think i will start taking some pic 2moro and put them

4. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

There really are no stupid questions here. Dark rooms are rapidly becoming a thing of the past now that the digital age is here. Dark rooms are for developing film and prints. These days, the computer is taking the place of the dark room.

You've come to the right place. Browse the forums, get ideas, ask questions...

You've started the journey.

Welcome!

Pete

5. spazoid1965

spazoid1965 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Another great place to start is in a library. Your schools library should have plenty of books on photography. Then is you have any specific questions you can ask them here.

6. Stretch Armstrong

Stretch Armstrong TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    As well, your college library may have a media center open for you to use. If so you may already have access to Photoshop and others.

Welcome and good luck.