No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got a 70-200 2.8 IS lens :D. Here is the first shot I took with it
3248322928_5deb62690d_o.jpg

Image seems soft. Did you do any PP to it or is it straight out of camera?

How does the image quality compare to the Sigma 70-300mm?

Almost every Canon shooter I know has the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens (I few went with the f/4.0 IS USM instead)...I hope to get it one day.

NO PP straight from camera. It seems soft probably due to resizing and uploading. The full size is sharp. I got it $300 cheaper used. Only things are that the hood is a little scratched up and the rear lens cap is scratched up. the lens is in perfect condition.....sometimes you just have to love craigslist :D

just a point but the hood for that lens is horrid - LP has known people to have to order several replacement hood - its not a good design (nor is hte material that good).
As for the lens its a cracker - have fun with it :)

as for comparing with the sigma 70-300mm it knocks it back to the last centrury and then some - add a 1.4 teleconverter and you have a very usable focal range

Theres something wrong with this shot. What did you use to convert it to the jpeg. There some serious artifacting going on.

i also see major compression issues here even at full size.
must be the dang interwebs.

It was shot in JPEG. I really didn't try to get a good shot, just put it on to see how it feels. Took this before I even payed the guy.

If it was a one off shot, then ok. Take a c ouple high contrast shots, or some tough focusing shots (tree branches are good to test the focus ability of a lens) to put it through the ringer. Everything may LOOK good on the outside, but there is no guarantee of what you are getting on the inside.

It was shot in JPEG. I really didn't try to get a good shot, just put it on to see how it feels. Took this before I even payed the guy.

A back alley deal.. I like it.

A back alley deal.. I like it.
Haha it was actually on a bench in Chelsey but the guy looked suspicious. He said the lens looks too big on my XSI and that it would look better on a 1D or 20D. Than I said that I'm thinking about the 5D mk. II than he said OK ....pause...so have fun with the lens bye. lol

o and one more thing about the lens is that is smells like cigarettes lol

The curse of the camera. You start with the point and shoot, then its the dslr's, now you need stuff for your slr, then better lens's and you keep getting broke. lol I got a new minolta 70/210 lens for christmas I am loving it. I had the option of that one or a Sigmas 70/300 (i think don't quote me exactly) but I went with the 70/210 for functionality. I really look forward to seeing how you like yours.

He said the lens looks too big on my XSI and that it would look better on a 1D or 20D.

That's funny. Your 450D with a battery grip should be pretty beefy; not much smaller than a 5d if at all. Grats on your new lens. Can't wait to buy one =)

Most reactions

Back