i am an arse

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
My dad's just come back off his holiday to the island of Jersey with a new Canon 300D digital slr type thing... very nice! hmmm and very expensive! so what did i do?
"Hey lets have a look.... whooops!"
i dropped it on the floor.
:( :x :oops: :oops: :cry:

it seems to work but i don't know if i've done any internal damage or not.
grrrrrr it's not as if i wasn't being careful.... the neck strap caught on the table corner and pulled the camera out of my hand, it bounced off the table and tumbled across the floor.
My dad didn't see (he was in another room) but I think i'l have to tell him tomorrow night...
sometimes i really hate myself.
Don't EVER give me anything new. I break it EVERY time. I've never even had a present that has stayed in one piece for the first day. I am soooo unlucky. Can anyone sympathise with this? Do you take as much care as you can with things and yet somehow it still all goes wrong?? Please tell me i'm not the only one....

You're not the only one. I'd just bought a brand new Gibson Les Paul guitar, got it home and promptly banged it against a cupboard as I removed it from it's case. The result was a dent in the neck 1/4" wide and 1" long, luckily the guitar shop was able to repair it but it put a bit of a downer things.

Man I'm sorry. I used to be that way. Then I started to be REALLY careful with everything I did and I think I've grown out of it now. Sorry and good luck with the dad yo! :D

I think sometimes that my hands and feet are attached in the wrong places. Do you know how much floor area a gallon of milk will cover? I've had plenty of time to study the results. Luckily, I have quick reflexes and catch the camera when I drop it. I feel your pain guys.

Oh man, when my SB-80 speedlight arrived at the store I took it out of the packaging and in front of four co-workers I fumbled it, stuck my foot out and before it hit the ground I kicked it about 10ft away :x That was embarrassing. I think it is the only time I have ever dropped a piece of my equipment that bad. My reply was, I didn't want to look like the geek with the new flash so I wanted to give it the worked in look.

I have always been able to save the gear. I remeber when I was young sliding down a steap hill towards water and holding the camera over my head out of harms way. My wife's funniest recollection was when one day I stopped to take a pic of some horses. I went to jump across a ditch that I really misjudged, she saw me disappear into the ditch and all she saw was the camera held high above my head.

Capt'n, I feel for ya. It sucks doing damage to other peoples stuff. I will borrow gear from work but never from a friend as I know that would be the time I drop it. I know one fellow aviation photographer that recently dropped a lens out of an airplane, yikes!

Eric

I think I can out-do that. A couple of years ago I crashed my father's brand new out-of-the-showroom BMW 540 the day he bought it. The (minor) damage was repaired, but I still feel like an arse every time I remember it.

Whether or not this is because I had to pay for the repairs, or because to this day he refuses to let me drive any of his cars, I am unsure. :<

Most reactions

New Topics

Back