his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is so sad....
I bought a flash and it works great on my husbands Canon 300D. A few months later we were blessed with some money to where I could buy a Canon 30D (got it refurbished for $899 on Adorama). Now the flash does not work on the new camera. I do not know the modle # but the brand is Phoenix.

I do not have much to spend... but I can save up a little but what shall I do? Been doing lots of research and I give up.:(

Canon 430EX
pretty much..

I honestly don't know why people use off brand equipment. If I didn't use an SB-600 or SB-800, I wouldn't be able to take any advantage of Nikon's flash system. same goes for lenses.

Well, brand name equipment often carries a heftier price for somewhat similar performance. I have just as many off brand lenses as I do Canon lenses...this is because I get very high quality without having to pay for Canon L series lenses.

Having said that, if I did have the money...I would surely stick with all brand name equipment.

What won't the flash do? Why shouldn't a flash that works on a 300D not work on a 30D?

Are you sure that the 30D will work with any flash (might that part of the referb have been missed?)?

Curious minds...

Thanks for all of your thoughts. Mike_E.... for some reason... the 300D will work perfectly with the flash I bought a while ago... but I can barley get any power out of the flash with the 30D. I am not sure if this has to do with the fact that the 30D uses E-TTL flashes? The flash I have may only be a TTL flash.

H4E, have you taken your 30D to a store and tried another flash? I would be concerned that there may be a problem with the camera's circuitry because unless Canon has changed TTL types between the 300 and the 30D if a flash works on one then it should work on the other. I don't know how long your 30 is warrantied but you should make sure before that time.

Any current Canon flash should do as you probably won't go with a Phoenix next time. ;)

mike

hmmm .... I will go to a store when I travel out of town.... that seems important... I bought my 30D refurbished off of Adorama... so I knew I was taking a risk... arug... I hope it is just the flash and not the camera. I'll find out in a few weeks. :D thanks for that thought Mike_E. Never would have crossed my mind to do that.

Most reactions

Back