i am freaking! need help with nikon d60...

dSLRs with live view make me want to go back to film...

The D60 does record the orientation of the photo in each file, and some programs are able to read that and auto-rotate it for you (Photoshop does). It's been a long time, but I believe the software that comes with the camera does also.

I find Nikon is a bit conservative with the way the camera processes images, I like to boost the contrast, sharpness and saturation of most of my photos from my D40, although this really depends on the photo (ie: landscapes I process differently from people photos).

Film is different from digital, for sure. Each has pros and cons.

yep, israel was great. i am from czech republic. i was basicaly all over the country except Palestine and the hotter areas. from eilat near egypt to tiberias and golan heights on the border with lebanon. in the last days i met a few hardcore guys in tel-aviv from new zeland that were going to gaza. i would probably go with them if i had more time... still some guy from kibbutz that worked on the gaza border said that they had literaly rockets over their heads daily and few guys even got shot on spot and nobody really blinked, so i might had second thoughts. some arabs even tried to nail me when i was taking photos of some arabic women in jerusalem muslim quarter. lots of crazy stories from there lol.

about the photospho rotating... is there some specific function for this? also i read the manual on the way there on plane but that was only like first 30 pages and since i landed i had almost no time at all... form morning to evening. if i knew about the youtube videos they would definetly come in handy... oh well. :)

I beleive i read in my nikon d40 manual that there is a in camera feature that will auto flip the photos for you, ya just have to select it. Don't quote me on it but i am prtty sure i read it....

And I must say I will give you one thing man you got me laughing.

No time to read, hell theres theres a flight to and from, plus travel from the airport to your location.

You will get out of your camera the time you put in to it!!!!!!!!

Digital is not film, face it!!!! you can apply some of what you learned over the years but your officaly green so start reading and start practicing.

I beleive i read in my nikon d40 manual that there is a in camera feature that will auto flip the photos for you, ya just have to select it. Don't quote me on it but i am prtty sure i read it....

And I must say I will give you one thing man you got me laughing.

No time to read, hell theres theres a flight to and from, plus travel from the airport to your location.

You will get out of your camera the time you put in to it!!!!!!!!

Digital is not film, face it!!!! you can apply some of what you learned over the years but your officaly green so start reading and start practicing.
At least you got every point I was trying to make. :mrgreen:

hm, during my journies through various forums i observed one thing among others... lots of people have that sort of smartass cynical and acidic attitude which seems to be symptomatic of a certain sort of people which have troubles parting with the virtual world and are just "bored"... so whenever someone comes up with a seemingly "noob" question they start cracking sarcastic jokes, looking for a cheap laughs, (instead of actualy answering) that are often fittied in the last internet-leet-nerd-speak fashion or whatever. its like all these "answers" are said by one person... there is only certain degree of asshole factor to each one of them. just my observation...

btw if anyone is interested here are some pics i took. criticise all you want... if the criticism is negative yet constructive it isn't neccesarily a bad thing.
i was there with an organized group but when the trip ended i stayed in israel a bit longer by myself. these pics are only from that organized trip... i will post those from my separate travels sometime soon as i have a lots of other things to do now. :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/haxan333

If you just jumped over from "film", should you not be familiar with the viewfinder? I do not believe there are any film cameras that allow you to see what you are shooting on a 3" screen.

If you absolutely MUST have "Live View" - go with a point and shoot - they cost less and sounds like they will do what you want.

Also, from your initial reaction to something as minor as viewfinder/live-view, you are going to give yourself a heart-attack with other potential problems DSLR beginner have.

I can't STAND that my p&s has NO viewfinder.. I can't see $h!t on sunny days on the LCD.
And I can't believe this thread has 2 pages...... LOL!!!

If you just jumped over from "film", should you not be familiar with the viewfinder? I do not believe there are any film cameras that allow you to see what you are shooting on a 3" screen.

If you absolutely MUST have "Live View" - go with a point and shoot - they cost less and sounds like they will do what you want.

Also, from your initial reaction to something as minor as viewfinder/live-view, you are going to give yourself a heart-attack with other potential problems DSLR beginner have.

pls read the topic. the "live view" disscusion has been concluded i think... take a look at pics instead.

If you are generally happy w/most of the photos you took I suggest purchasing Lightroom. It's a great tool that offers ez photo manipulation and organization...

have a good one
3Eo

Most reactions

Back