I am going to need some help

Jus7 A Phas3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am planing to take some outside portriats of a guy and a girl, at sepreat times they are going to be done around town in urban areas. I was planing to use my D80 and eaither my 50 or my 28-80, im leaning more twords my 50 though. i do not have any flashes other then my pop up flash and i was wondering if you guys could give me any pointers on what to do, Im gonna the morning or afternoon so yeah ha help me out. :]

I dont have a tripod, my 28-80 isnt nearly as good as my 50 though and my 50 and get alot more distortion in the background because of the 1.8, should i still use the 28-80?

The 28-80 gives you more compositional choice than does your straight 50mm. And I would borrow the tripod. Because if you need to hand hold for lower speeds (lower than 1/60) you will get blur in your shots. The distortion is merely that subject area being out of focus and at an aperture of 1.8 you will get a very shall depth of focus. Depth of focus is the spatial area in front of the lens where reasonable focus begins, moves away to sharp focus and ont o reasonable focus again . Everything outside of the area of depth will be completely out of focus. The closer you focus, the shallow the DOF is. Focus further away and the depth of focus is much greater. Use a larger aperture like f/1.4 or 2 and the DOF is very shallow. smaller aperture like f/16 or 22 and that depth becomes greater. I would take alog both, personally. And borrow a tripod. And have fun and good luck.

Thanks, i will take both and borrow a tripod from my freind.

Good idea bringing both. Personally, I'd probably stick with the 50... Nice sharp lens, great shallow DOF for portraits. Since you're going during the day, I don't see much need for the tripod. Maybe if you're using the slow end of the zoom... but, you can always bump your ISO a bit.

Most reactions

Back