I am here to brag, but I still need convincing

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by rdompor, Jul 15, 2008.

1. rdompor

rdompor TPF Noob!

Dec 22, 2007
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    So after much debate within my own head, I purchased a 35-350mm f/3.5-5.6L for $600. It is in excellent condition and definitely a bargain. Although, I'm not really sure of whether or not I like it just yet. The zoom is push/pull which has thus far been a bit annoying and I just find myself playing with the tension ring all of the time. I can't really say much about the lens other than it has a very convenient range since I've only played with it for the 2 hours that I've had it (JUST bought it). I can't even critique IQ because I haven't uploaded any of the photos to my computer just yet (not at my computer). I bought it because I am looking to start a very small business in sports photography, some portraiture, and I may or may not have an extrememly small wedding to shoot by the end of the month.

I guess what I need from you guys is to tell me what you think of the lens. Should buyer's remorse hit me within one week, I am free to return it to the store. I also have the option of selling it on ebay for the same or greater price. Oh, and there's something you should know...I just recetly purchased a 70-200mm f/4L (non-IS) and I'm debating whether I should send it right back out into the ebay world. I got the 70-200mm for a bargain as well and could likely turn a profit from it.

Sorry for the long post everybody, but hopefully you can give me any advice.
  2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

May 1, 2008
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well all I can say first off is that you really need to spend that week shooting like a nutter with that lens (and the other). Try as much as you can and push its limits. That should at least tell you about the lens and its quality - as well as tell you if its strengths are enough to counter its weaknesses for you.