I am in for an interesting spring!

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We added these babies to the family yesterday! A dozen in the flock for now. I can't seem to get a good angle inside their brooder, they keep coming up to check out the camera. I was trying to use the flip up screen on my Sony to help, but I broke my glasses on Friday and am stuck in sunglasses for 7-10 days, and the sunglasses make reading an LCD screen wonky. Cell phone birds eye view will have to do!

In other springtime news, we are also adding a 10 week old puppy to the family on wensday! She is so precious! But I can't post a picture because they aren't mine. :-(

Not sure what was in my water this week, but it's sure going to be a busy spring!

Attachments

• IMAG0488.jpg
    IMAG0488.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 184
Oooooo - real peeps! I bet they're almost as much fun as the marshmallow kind!

:yuck: no marshmallow peeps allowed in this house. ;-) these are way better, and eventually they will give us eggs instead of a stomach ache. Lol!

:yuck: no marshmallow peeps allowed in this house. ;-) these are way better, and eventually they will give us eggs instead of a stomach ache. Lol!
. . . and soup & barbecue,

The 'mallow & fine sugar-coated are great for putting in hot chocolate; not so much in coffee.

YES, you are! Peeps & a Puppy! Life is good.

(I've given some thought ... some, not a lot, to having a couple chickens in the back. Mainly to work on the slugs and snails. Ducks would probably be better.)

. . . and soup & barbecue,

The 'mallow & fine sugar-coated are great for putting in hot chocolate; not so much in coffee.
Indeed! Though I doubt we can keep enough to support our chicken wing habit.

Next year I want to start raising meat rabbits, but DH won on getting chickens first.

There is no marshmallow root in peeps. And I'm a mean mom. I make my kids coco with zero sugar. Just 100% coco powder, some vanilla or almond extract and milk. They haven't complained yet so please don't tell them it isn't normal. ;-)

YES, you are! Peeps & a Puppy! Life is good.

(I've given some thought ... some, not a lot, to having a couple chickens in the back. Mainly to work on the slugs and snails. Ducks would probably be better.)
Aww! There was one lonely duck left that we almost got, but decided to stick with chickens for now. Gotta get to building a bear proof coop!

But yes, life IS good, so good that I won't even remind DH I could have gotten photo printer instead. ;-)

On the downside, I probably can't mail order from ups anymore. UPS doesn't like our house with only one dog. Now there will be two. *shrug*

Last edited:
What did the egg say to the boiling hot water?

It will take a while for me to get hard. I just got laid by a chick. :eek:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back