I am new... :)

JasonUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello All,

Thought I would just drop a quick hello.
I have joined after having a look around at the boards, comments and examples of work (so impressed).

Now to explain where I am coming from:
I work as an Architectural Visualiser drawing buildings on CAD and producing animations and photo-realistic renders (as well as standard 2d architects drawings). I have always felt/been artistic but since moving to computer from the drawing board it all went stale.
I can not draw freehand or paint as I can never achieve the detail that I am looking for or require in my image.

Last year I turned to photography although I feel a fraud and dont see myself as a photographer, as I have more interest in the image and composition than I do about how the camera works, although I am sure my work would improve if I did have a better understanding of the mechanics.
My web site has a selection of my work, many of the pics are just basic portraits, but every now and again I have one or two that are special to me and that I am proud of.

Anyway, life's a learning curve so enjoy the ride.

Please feel free to say hi if you see me in passing.

Jason :)

Welcome! Great to have another UK member at TPF and I look forward to seeing your work!

If you enjoy using the camera, spend time thinking about what you want to photograph and end up with something you're happy with you're a photographer in my eyes. But then, who gives a **** about labels?

Welcome to the forum.

Just a quick edit. You may want to add to your post that some pictures aren't worksafe. Just in case they're flicking through it and get to a picture of a topless man just as the boss is looking over their shoulder. :mrgreen:

Welcome,

I also use CAD in a professional manor and use photography as my artistic outlet. I'm more involved with engineering design and fabrication drawings than architectural stuff though. I have always like the photo-realistic renders that you guys do. I would think that some of the lighting experience used in rendering would come in handy for photography.

Allsmiles7282 said:
Another guy with a sexy accent! Just kidding...sort of! :) Welcome!!
When you say things like that into a coffee cup, Smiles, I go all... gooey ;-)

I just noticed you say you're in Bournemouth, Jason. I went to the Art College there (when it was at the Lansdowne). Keep meaning to go back and see old friends.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back